12v System Failure

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
ID4layed

Post by ID4layed »

My ID.4 (72), which is approx 3 months old and done 2k miles, decided it was allergic to its 12 volt system and completely died.

With hindsight, there were a couple of anomalies, such as the central locking not self arming when the fob was out of range. Other than that, there were no obvious symptoms until an amber 12v warning light appeared when starting the vehicle, which cleared within a matter of seconds once moving.

Having returned and parked the vehicle overnight, the vehicle alarm randomly triggered. Unlocking using the fob stopped the alarm, but then all 4 indicators did a slow moving, single pixel, pattern I’ve never seen before. Then the car was completely dead. Relying on the physical key inside the fob as the only means of opening or locking the vehicle.

VW Roadside Assistance came and jumped the 12v system and did a diagnostic plugin, which apparently highlighted numerous fault codes.

Thankfully my ID.4 is a company car, so I’m currently supplied with a non-VAG vehicle until the ID.4 is sorted…
ID.4 150kW Family Pro Performance 77kWh.
Ordered wk48 2021.
Status 30 wk50 2022.
Delivered wk04 2023.