Adding a second ‘user’.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

I’m sure I’ve seen it posted here before but I can’t find it.
Does software v3.0 support adding a second user? The log in screen implies it does but we’ve just tried to add my wife’s iPhone to the car and we followed all the instructions but at the end the screen said something like ‘function unavailable’.
Begs the question, if it’s not available then why put the option on screen.
Screen hung when we tried to cancel and nothing happened. All back to normal now after I walked away from the car and went back later but oh what a pain.
ID.4 1st edition

Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Firstly, let me make it plain I only have vague memory of the topic myself, but ….

Didn’t it require you setting up a new user within the My VW website account first, and then using ‘change user’ option when the car wakes up upon entry?

May even by something within privacy settings to enable user changes within infotainment system required as well.

Vague recollections only..but I often cannot find my slippers so perhaps better sources out there.
🫣
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Bedford EV wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:25 pm Firstly, let me make it plain I only have vague memory of the topic myself, but ….

Didn’t it require you setting up a new user within the My VW website account first, and then using ‘change user’ option when the car wakes up upon entry?

May even by something within privacy settings to enable user changes within infotainment system required as well.

Vague recollections only..but I often cannot find my slippers so perhaps better sources out there.
🫣
Okay thanks, I’ll investigate that.
Hope you find your slippers. 😉
ID.4 1st edition
rollmesome

Post by rollmesome »

So my wife ended up adding herself to the car. Don’t know about the process but had issues with the WeConnect app - basically if she was the last logged in user my app would stop working and vice Versa. Best to stick with one user profile
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

rollmesome wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:33 pm So my wife ended up adding herself to the car. Don’t know about the process but had issues with the WeConnect app - basically if she was the last logged in user my app would stop working and vice Versa. Best to stick with one user profile
Yes, that’s what happened to me. Far from ideal so on the rare occasions she uses my car she just clicks my name and uses the navigation manually on the infotainment screen.
ID.4 1st edition
Vander

Post by Vander »

I headed off the domestic fallout by adding both names, so the car says "Welcome Mr & Mrs Vander"
ID4 Max Kings Red
Ordered Nov 21
Mar 23 order status: 10
Apr 23 Cancelled, tired of waiting.

ID5 Tech Pro in the meantime. V3.0 from the factory.