BCC recall booked.

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

3.2 software complete at second attempt and all is fine but Listers have referred me for a comprehensive battery check as part of the recall programme.
I called the number provided, the nearest Battery Competent Centre was at Johnson’s Solihull. I’m now booked in for… wait for it, 6th September 😱. Also they’ve told me it could take “up to a week”.
I think we’re luckier around here than some other areas, I was offered Solihull or Kidlington but some areas are poorly covered, Cornwall was one example given.
🤞🏻
ID.4 1st edition

RLSPW5453

Post by RLSPW5453 »

Had my check 3.2 update this week & battery check also need visit to Bcc so instead of Solihull tried Marshall’s in Kidlington…. booked in for 20 November!
Prior to 3.2 update I didn’t notice any variations in the range mileage but since this it suddenly drops by 40-45 miles and then another day it will jump back up, after looking at other forums it seems this is down to the failed joint issues on battery connectors internally.
2021 Id4 Life Pro Performance 77Kwh manganese. Worcestershire UK.
Milk float driver

Post by Milk float driver »

Put my vehicle into the BCC in Solihull on Monday for the battery recall and 3.2 update whilst there. My June appointment was cancelled due to awaiting parts. Told it could be in the workshop 5 days. Had the call Tuesday PM to say no issues and collected. No real issues other than the scarcity of BCC. Solihull or Kidlington again
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Milk float driver wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:58 am Put my vehicle into the BCC in Solihull on Monday for the battery recall and 3.2 update whilst there. My June appointment was cancelled due to awaiting parts. Told it could be in the workshop 5 days. Had the call Tuesday PM to say no issues and collected. No real issues other than the scarcity of BCC. Solihull or Kidlington again
That’s good news.
Scarcity of BCC’s is really bad in the South West apparently, other areas too I believe.
Hopefully mine will be okay too, dealer believes it is but their tests are more limited than the BCC’s 🤞🏻.
ID.4 1st edition
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

What an absolute farce!
My car was supposed to be in today for “up to five days” for the battery check. Having emptied my belongings and charged up the car (suggested above 50% for checks) Johnson’s Solihull telephoned to say, “we’ve checked the records and you car has completed all recalls.”
News to me I said.
As a consequence the appointment was cancelled leaving me annoyed and bemused.
According to Listers, the referrer’s the “criteria” changed after I’d booked my car in.
SO WHY THE F*** DIDN’T ANYONE TELL ME SOONER AND WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN MY BATTERY IS OKAY??
Please forgive my rant on this forum but I’m very frustrated by the absolute #FUBAR Volkswagen are making of electric car making. I will now spend the rest of my ID4 ownership wondering when it’s going to fail.
😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
ID.4 1st edition
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

AndyF wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:50 pm What an absolute farce!
My car was supposed to be in today for “up to five days” for the battery check. Having emptied my belongings and charged up the car (suggested above 50% for checks) Johnson’s Solihull telephoned to say, “we’ve checked the records and you car has completed all recalls.”
News to me I said.
As a consequence the appointment was cancelled leaving me annoyed and bemused.
According to Listers, the referrer’s the “criteria” changed after I’d booked my car in.
SO WHY THE F*** DIDN’T ANYONE TELL ME SOONER AND WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN MY BATTERY IS OKAY??
Please forgive my rant on this forum but I’m very frustrated by the absolute #FUBAR Volkswagen are making of electric car making. I will now spend the rest of my ID4 ownership wondering when it’s going to fail.
😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Sigh!
Took my car for further investigation to Listers Evesham this morning regarding drive warning ⚠️.
They’d told me it was likely to be either the cooling pump or battery cell problem. Surprise, surprise. It’s the battery and needs to go to the BCC (Johnson’s Solihull). Yes, the same BCC that cancelled my appointment for 06/09/23 on 05/09/23 after a two month wait saying that it had been done by Listers.
What an absolute waste of my time this fiasco has been.
I’m f****** furious. Next available slot is 14/11/23 😡

IMG_1667.jpeg

ID.4 1st edition
AvaStorey

Post by AvaStorey »

I successfully updated my software to version 3.2 on the second attempt, and everything is working well. However, I've been referred to get a comprehensive battery check as part of a recall program. The nearest Battery Competent Centre is at Johnson's Solihull, and my appointment is scheduled for September 6th, with a potential duration of up to a week. Some regions have limited coverage, as seen in Cornwall.
chrisnewmanuk

Post by chrisnewmanuk »

Me too - at Johnsons VW Stourbridge. Johnsons Solihull are a bit full of ID's!

Listers (Worcester) didn't want to know and don't appear to have done the proper checks since the service recall last year, during the two times its been back with them for trim issues and during/before the 3.2 update despite me reporting intermittent electric drive issues.

Roll to yesterday, permanent warning light more often than not and phoned Lister Worcester. Again, didn't want to know. Just said to call VW Assist as they wont collect the car or do anything with an electrical drive fault.

Cue VW Assist! AWESOME service. The guy that came out identified the issue in 10 minutes and then spent time digging through the error codes and technical documents etc. to identify that two battery modules were sick (4 and 9) and the campaign related to the specific error code and VINs.

An hour after the guy left, car was picked up on a flatbed and taken away, long term hire car arrived today. VW Assist (aka the AA) were really on the ball.

I'll find out later today how long it might be in Stourbridge - I'm expecting it to be measured in months not weeks :-(

So, if you really want "everything to be taken car of", use VW Assist and don't bother with the dealerships - we all get 3 years of VW Assist with any ID car :-)
AvaStorey

Post by AvaStorey »

It's great to hear that the 3.2 software update was successful on your ID4. However, the wait for the battery check appointment on September 6th is quite long, and it could take up to a week. Having options like Solihull or Kidlington is fortunate, but it does highlight regional variations in service availability. Hope everything goes smoothly with the battery check.
jond

Post by jond »

I had my 3.2 upgrade last week (booked months ago) and the car has failed a battery test and must go to a battery centre. Nearest one is Swansea which is 80 miles away. Appointment booked for 28th February! Will involve 320 miles - there and back twice - at my expense. Is this reasonable?