Voice Control cutting in

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

My Voice Control keeps coming on asking what I want to do when anyone talks in the car. Has anyone else experienced this and /or know how to stop it.

Milk float driver

Post by Milk float driver »

All the time. Even after software upgrade. I have disabled it and use voice control through android auto
Oakley16

Post by Oakley16 »

Yes I have the same issue!
Vander

Post by Vander »

"Hey ID" is a waste of time. Disable this to save your sanity, and instead use the button on the steering wheel (short press) to wake up the voice assistant.

You can long-press this button to use Google Assistant on your Android phone (other fruit-based assistants are available, I'm led to believe), which is imho much more useful for navigation, checking weather, etc, etc,

V
ID4 Max Kings Red
Ordered Nov 21
Mar 23 order status: 10
Apr 23 Cancelled, tired of waiting.

ID5 Tech Pro in the meantime. V3.0 from the factory.
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

Thanks - at least I'm not the only one - how do i disable it - tried to look it up in manual and by googling but no success. I think it rarely butted in before the software upgrade - not actually tried to use it to control anything since upgrade - tried a bit when it was new but it didn't understand me so not bothered.
Vander

Post by Vander »

In the main menu, go to Settings, then scroll down to Voice Control. When I tried this just now from a cold start, Voice Control wasn't there in the menu, but appeared (between Units and Wifi) a few minutes later.

Edit: I think you have to press the brake pedal for some options to show.

Once in the Voice Control menu just slide Active to off. You'll still have voice control, it just won't listen for a wake word.
ID4 Max Kings Red
Ordered Nov 21
Mar 23 order status: 10
Apr 23 Cancelled, tired of waiting.

ID5 Tech Pro in the meantime. V3.0 from the factory.
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

Thanks again - I've been looking through all settings menu for voice control and not found it but will try again with brake pressed. Strange that it doesn't appear normally.
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

All sorted now - thanks for the help.