Error message and battery range huge drop

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
jth

Post by jth »

I got error message "Electric drive not working correctly. Please visit workshop". Not the first time, but this time it wouldn't go away. At the approximate same time, the range at 80 charge dropped to about 140 miles. Took the car to the workshop and they did a software update but couldn't remove the error message plus couldn't fix the battery problem, said it was probably related. They informed me that this vehicle had a recall on it due to the battery (possible replacement). I never got that recall message before. They gave me the phone number for the nearest workshop that could repair the battery as they could not. My VW workshop is in Bury St Edmunds and the workshop suggested is in Cambridge. I contacted the Cambridge VW workshop who advised that the earliest date they could offer is December 27th 2023. I am fuming to say the least. The car (ID4 Pro is from November 2021 and has done 11,800 miles). Any recommendations anyone, other than going through legal options..?

AndyF

Post by AndyF »

I have the same message since updating to 3.2 but it coincided with the last app update giving a more detailed “health report”. I’d already been referred for a proper battery check at a BCC but the warning didn’t show until the app update.
I’m booked in for 6th September luckily and hopefully that will sort it. Bloody annoying isn’t it.
I was told on another thread that disconnecting the 12V battery for a while clears the warning but it comes back eventually.
Probably best to wait rather than take legal action.
ID.4 1st edition
Joluke

Post by Joluke »

I’ve had the same thing. Took it local to me to check error message and they told me it would have to be taken up north as that was nearest battery place.
Mileage range is awful, 100 in winter about 140, summer 160, much lower than we were told when purchased
Thinking of getting rid
wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

This is getting more common following the latest software update as more detailed errors are being provided. It will be one of the battery modules that needs replacing, as I and a number of others have already had done. Unfortunately there are only a few VW dealers that can do this - my nearest was 70 miles away and they came and collected the car on a low loader. Took about a week to fix and VW provided a courtesy car. I did notice an improvement in the range following the fix, as is expected if one of the battery modules is faulty. Even if the error is cleared the problem will remain so I do recommend you get it fixed.
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2