Slow Charging

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
ephemeron

Post by ephemeron »

Hi there,
My first post but have followed both the id3 and id4 forums for a while. My easee charger and vwid4 have started to charge at 3.7kwh instead of it's usual 7.4kwh. this has been happening for the last 4 weeks and haven't altered any settings on either. As far as I'm aware both are as up to date as can be. I have had this issue from time to time but able to pause and restart and it work as normal, until now. I've sent a query to both easee and vw through their app, but imagine I won't have a reply for a while. Any help appreciated at all, guys!

Oakley16

Post by Oakley16 »

Hello,
Check reduced amp Charging on your app is not ticked.
ephemeron

Post by ephemeron »

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, this is unticked on my app.
ephemeron

Post by ephemeron »

Hi guys, just to follow this up. I've tried using a different cable as well as attempting to charge at public charging points. All resulting in a slow 3.5kwh charging speed. The only time it exceeded this was by using a tethered DC fast charger but it still reverted to its slow charging speed following this. I've booked in with the dealer as doesn't appear to be a home charger issue, but if anyone has any other ideas I'd be all ears! Thanks again, everyone!