Octopus intelligent

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Hi
If you can't connect to Octopus try this.
1 plug in car
2 stop charge on vw app
3 activate test charge on octopus app.
4 Wait for confirmation takes a while.
Please note I had to do it 3 times before it worked.
When you set it up it will default to vw charge when plugged in I just stop the charge and let octopus do its schedule.
Hope this helps someone who's struggling.
All the best.

Use this link for sign up and a free £50.00.
Use this link to sign up to Octopus - https://share.octopus.energy/sky-puma-906

Kontiki

Post by Kontiki »

Recently got a id4 pro, my setup is 6kw solar PV a givenergy a/c inverter & 8.2 kw givenergy battery. This week had a Zappi charger installed, now to my problems. I managed after a few attempts getting octopus do a test charge was successful. Got charging schedule from octopus so I thought all was fine. When I had to get up for the bathroom (old age problem) I checked to see how it was going the 8.2 kw battery was charging but id4 nothing. After a few more trips to the bathroom, each time looking but nothing was happening to the id. After searching through the app found the Myenergi ev settings had 2 small yellow lock symbols showing after clicking a couple of times they disappeared & id started charging so I thought everything would be fine, i found that it was charging from the grid but also from the battery . Plugged in tonight & got the schedule from octopus unclicked the locks again but it started charging from grid & battery. Is there anywhere which gives default settings? not finding octopus any help.
m00nie

Post by m00nie »

I've just signed on my ID Buzz to Oct.Int. and would like to thank Jaybee for his advice! I persevered with it and it took about an hour of constant "test connection" but it eventually worked. I have a very old dumb charger (Rolec Wallbox c.2015) and chose the Rolec EV Smartcharge (as there was no option for a dumb charger) and Oct.Int. obviously ignored the wall charger bit and just linked with the car directly
m00nie

Post by m00nie »

Jaybee wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:47 am Hi
1 plug in car
2 stop charge on vw app
When you set it up it will default to vw charge when plugged in I just stop the charge and let octopus do its schedule.
All the best.

Thank you it worked! :D
m00nie

Post by m00nie »

I just joined Octopus Intelligent today and it gave me a charging schedule from 11pm to 8am... does this mean it's cheap electricity between these times??
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

m00nie wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:09 pm
Jaybee wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:47 am Hi
1 plug in car
2 stop charge on vw app
All the best.

Thank you it worked!
Your welcome