2022 ID.4 "could not be fully charged

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
NoChargeID4

Post by NoChargeID4 »

Hello. My name is Al and here is my story: When I’m trying to charge ID.4 2022, the light at the charging port starts blinking white and in about 2 minutes it turns red. At the same time on the dashboard appears the message “Vehicle could not be fully charged, please see owner’s manual”. The car spend about 3 months in transit (most probably outside). It was working perfectly fine before shipping. I have charged the battery 100% before shipping. Currently it has 48% battery and about 3800 miles on the odometer. I have tried 2 different private charges (level 1 and level 2 which worked for me before shipping) and one public charger – the result is the same.

Vander

Post by Vander »

Hi Al, Problems of this nature can often be related to how good the connection is between charge cable and the car's socket.

Early on, I had several instances of this before I realised that I hadn't pushed the plug fully home into the car's charging socket. The charge plug would often be warm to the touch, a clue to the poor connection.

Failing that, have a good look at the metal connector pins inside both plug and socket (no tools needed, just a keen eye) and check for any signs of arcing, which would show up as pitting or blackening of the metal pins.
ID4 Max Kings Red
Ordered Nov 21
Mar 23 order status: 10
Apr 23 Cancelled, tired of waiting.

ID5 Tech Pro in the meantime. V3.0 from the factory.