2023 or 2024 Model?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

TomoFife wrote: ↑Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:45 pm
Pragmatix55 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:35 pm
No not by the mirror. There's 2 in centre console and 2 in the back.
c

That's just the standard I was hoping they would add the one by the mirror, so it's the fuse box for the dash cam :( :(
[/quote]

Seen a brand called Fitcamx where the cam is part of the shroud around the interior mirror, powered from the roof console - just need to unplug a wire and fit the new wire inline.

A few vids on youtube on how to fit
[/quote]
Unfortunately they don't have gps so don't track your speed, which is very important in an accident situation.

Christophe448

Post by Christophe448 »

Hi all,

I ordered my company leased ID.4 Pro Performance April least year. Delivery should be in the coming weeks and it has been confirmed that it will be the 2024 model with 286HP .
However if I compare the 2023 pro performance version options they vary in comparison to the 2024 version. Mine had heated seats & steering wheel, ACC with stop & go, 2 zone airco, Discover pro multimedia which seem to no longer be standard on the 2024 Pro.

Anyone in similar situation that got the car delivered already? Are there specs missing?

Thank you

Christophe
Rico

Post by Rico »

I'm in a similar position, my car is apparently in the English Channel at the moment, and the spec sheet I was sent today shows 2024 model, including the heated seats and 2zone air con
mib150

Post by mib150 »

TomoFife wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:35 pm
Asc4187 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:08 pm

I actually only ordered mine in November with an estimated stock date of March 29th. But I suddenly got an update a couple of weeks ago to say is was ready for delivery from 19th February. It was built on 30th January (according to paperwork) so think that is week 5, so I don't actually know how I managed to get it so quickly when I know of people who ordered in like July/August of last year and they still haven't taken delivery. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Mine was ordered in early August as was another of our colleagues that is on one of the FB groups - both have estimated dates of end of March, build week was 3 and then to week 6 (not chased up lookers yet to ask if it was actually built) - boat dependant then, hopefully get mine in the next couple of weeks.

Likely to one of the first in the country - how you finding it so far? First EV? Did it just come with the 7kw cable, or a granny charge cable to?
Have you had delivery yet?
TomoFife

Post by TomoFife »

mib150 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:18 am
TomoFife wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:35 pm
Asc4187 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:08 pm

I actually only ordered mine in November with an estimated stock date of March 29th. But I suddenly got an update a couple of weeks ago to say is was ready for delivery from 19th February. It was built on 30th January (according to paperwork) so think that is week 5, so I don't actually know how I managed to get it so quickly when I know of people who ordered in like July/August of last year and they still haven't taken delivery. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Mine was ordered in early August as was another of our colleagues that is on one of the FB groups - both have estimated dates of end of March, build week was 3 and then to week 6 (not chased up lookers yet to ask if it was actually built) - boat dependant then, hopefully get mine in the next couple of weeks.

Likely to one of the first in the country - how you finding it so far? First EV? Did it just come with the 7kw cable, or a granny charge cable to?
Have you had delivery yet?
Booked for this Monday.

Was on ship 6th, dealer 8th and delivery scheduled on 11th for this coming Monday. Built in week 6 (timeline for others)
swerm

Post by swerm »

TomoFife wrote: ↑Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:56 pm
swerm wrote: ↑Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:00 pm Interesting news about the match variants being released and showing on the website. Nearly 2k cheaper RRP and a few extra such as electric tailgate. Wonder if the interior style plus add on on your car Tomofife is because of this? Otherwise may be time to cancel the order and re-order a match variant!
Hey, no the added pack is due to the grade I am at work. The ID4 was available originally at my grade and lower grade. The lower grade got the 170bhp version of the 77kw battery in Life trim and my grade could select the Pro Performance (204bhp) and thats what was originally on the lease company portal for me.

However, as it was ordered by the company just before the announcement of the updated models and the build ween hadnt been allocated, they upgraded my grade to the 286 bhp to add the seat pack (for new orders) and without the seat pack for the lower grade. It then seems this has transposed over to my order too.

So as its a company car, no real option to cancel and re-order - happy with what I am getting, although if had ordered as a private customer, I think I would be a tad irked.
Picked mine up today from the dealer and we love it. I had ordered the life edition pro performance back in September, and it did come with the standard life spec interior rather than get changed to the match. But did get the new motor and the new infotainment screen, very nippy and the screen is very quick and slick.
TomoFife

Post by TomoFife »

swerm wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:13 pm Picked mine up today from the dealer and we love it. I had ordered the life edition pro performance back in September, and it did come with the standard life spec interior rather than get changed to the match. But did get the new motor and the new infotainment screen, very nippy and the screen is very quick and slick.
How you finding it so far?

Mine was delivered on Monday just gone, the original order was the same via company car portal (not so much as a portal, as only had a choice of two cars, lol).

For a 'base' model, although it has an option pack of leccy / memory seats is quite well specified, more than happy with it - 'missing' power tailgate and tinted rear glass that I had on a previous car that I will miss but still happy with the spec.

Very relaxing to drive if not a little eerie at first, pulling off with zero noise is quite weird.
swerm

Post by swerm »

TomoFife wrote: ↑Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:09 pm
swerm wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:13 pm Picked mine up today from the dealer and we love it. I had ordered the life edition pro performance back in September, and it did come with the standard life spec interior rather than get changed to the match. But did get the new motor and the new infotainment screen, very nippy and the screen is very quick and slick.

Mine was delivered on Monday just gone, the original order was the same via company car portal (not so much as a portal, as only had a choice of two cars, lol).

For a 'base' model, although it has an option pack of leccy / memory seats is quite well specified, more than happy with it - 'missing' power tailgate and tinted rear glass that I had on a previous car that I will miss but still happy with the spec.

Very relaxing to drive if not a little eerie at first, pulling off with zero noise is quite weird.
I'm loving it so far. I was hoping the the power tailgate on the match edition might have snook onto mine but it wasnt on my life spec so I can't grumble, the heated seats are lovely and appreciate the heated steering wheel way more than i thought i would. Just generally a pleasure to be in.

Acceleration is more than sufficient, love how quiet it is and suspension is great. Been getting between 3.5 and 4 miles per KW between mine and the missus' short commutes which is good. Taking it on a trip from West Yorkshire down to Enfield in North London next week so looking forward to seeing what efficiency i get on the trip down and seeing how my first fast charging experience goes.

Only things I'm still getting used to is disconnecting the charger, I'm on a Zappi charger with octopus intelligent which works great, but if the car hasnt reached its charging target it doesnt unlock the charger as easy, had to either go into the car and reduce the target, or triple click unlock and wait a few seconds. Drive select is still taking me a while to get used to vs manual gearbox, and just parking a much bigger car than I'm used to is tricky. My spacial awareness seems a bit off!
mib150

Post by mib150 »

swerm wrote: ↑Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:23 pm

I'm loving it so far. I was hoping the the power tailgate on the match edition might have snook onto mine but it wasnt on my life spec so I can't grumble, the heated seats are lovely and appreciate the heated steering wheel way more than i thought i would. Just generally a pleasure to be in.

Acceleration is more than sufficient, love how quiet it is and suspension is great. Been getting between 3.5 and 4 miles per KW between mine and the missus' short commutes which is good. Taking it on a trip from West Yorkshire down to Enfield in North London next week so looking forward to seeing what efficiency i get on the trip down and seeing how my first fast charging experience goes.

Only things I'm still getting used to is disconnecting the charger, I'm on a Zappi charger with octopus intelligent which works great, but if the car hasnt reached its charging target it doesnt unlock the charger as easy, had to either go into the car and reduce the target, or triple click unlock and wait a few seconds. Drive select is still taking me a while to get used to vs manual gearbox, and just parking a much bigger car than I'm used to is tricky. My spacial awareness seems a bit off!
Hi, have you done your London trip yet? How did you get on?
I am getting delivery of mine next week, with a London trip planned in two weeks times (coincidentally also from West Yorkshire!) Will be good to know how you get on.
I'm not new to EV's so have had experience with rapid (or not so rapid) chargers, plus the automatic is a breeze compared to manual.
swerm

Post by swerm »

mib150 wrote: ↑Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am
swerm wrote: ↑Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:23 pm

Hi, have you done your London trip yet? How did you get on?
I am getting delivery of mine next week, with a London trip planned in two weeks times (coincidentally also from West Yorkshire!) Will be good to know how you get on.
I'm not new to EV's so have had experience with rapid (or not so rapid) chargers, plus the automatic is a breeze compared to manual.
Hi, yeah i did the trip down Friday and drove back yesterday and the car did great. Managed 3.3miles/kw on the way down and 3.7 mi/kw on the way back. And that is with the cruise control at or a couple mph over 70. Think the main driver of diff in efficiency was a 10mph headwind on way down and the 10mph tailwind on way back so it was interesting to see just how much it effected the efficiency. Stopped off at stevenage on the way back for a fast charge. took me a couple mins to figure out how to get it going, tried using the electroverse app to start it but thankfully had an electroverse card too so just tapped that and then started. Topped up 34kw in 18 mins (Β£21), did pre heat the battery before getting there. So was charging at av 105-110kw/h. Overall trip cost me just over Β£26 in electricity so very happy.
Only slight negs were that the ACC liked picking up the speed limit signs off side roads of the a1 a couple times so started slowing down rapidly. The other was the tiredness warning beeping at me, but sure i’ll be able to turn that off somewhere.