WeConnectID.4 App Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
finzi4ever

Post by finzi4ever »

Ah, the frustration! Twice now the app has failed for days at a time, with no workable solution forthcoming from Support.
They must be aware of a significant issue, but make out that this is a one off problem just with me. This is not so, as I know from other owners.
There was a suggestion that it had been hacked in Germany and was therefore down, (that came from the dealership!), but I have no idea whether it's true or not and certainly not being admitted to. Others have said unless the app is registered as in Germany it won't function properly.
The odd thing is that it functioned fine for about 10 days then failed for 3, functioned again for another week or so (with no practical changes made) and now it's off again - reading the charge status from days ago, either claiming it's fine or saying no internet connection. Everything in the car seems fine (online status, green light etc).
Does anyone have a resolution, or can attest to the fact they too have issues?

ID4cardoesnotconnect

Post by ID4cardoesnotconnect »

We have the same issue with ours, works for a few days and then it doesn't, we thought it was a temperature thing at first, like when it was below 10c it didn't seem to work.
Car has had the control panel (where it connects) changed, and it still doesn't work, VW not in the least bit interested in sorting it out.
love the car apart from this, its an expensive car, we should have everything working on it.
Are you still have problems?
finzi4ever

Post by finzi4ever »

I agree, they're not interested, despite initial responses of concern... They mad me jump through many hoops, sending them pics, blaming my smartphone, trying this that and other. None of it worked and wasted days. My dealership admitted VW in Germany had had some cyber attacks, taking down the app - I have no idea whether or not that's true. It has been working again now for the last couple of weeks with nothing seemingly to have changed or been done. I think it's yet more software errors their end that they will certainly not admit to us to having... Good luck with the restoration of your connection. Let me know when/if it comes back on miraculously.
ID4cardoesnotconnect

Hi! Oh so glad to hear that you have it working again, there's possibly some hope for us! Yes we had the same, smartphone was the issue, blamed that, then said it was something else.
We've done the same, photos, videos of the display screen to see if that helps. Our dealership are at a loss, and not interested in chasing it too much either, think they see it as, well the car is actually working, so what's the problem type thing! I hope it is just a software error where they can do an update to get it working. Apart from that, what a lovely car eh!
Will keep you posted anyway!! :) thanks for your reply.
Mdh

Post by Mdh »

Just received our car. All good, but can’t say the same about we connect ID. Can’t get beyond entering the vehicle VIN when I get an “Oooops something has gone wrong” message. Called on Friday to be told app not working again until late last night, but still not working this morning.
If apple do make an EV all they’ll need is an associated app that works and they’ll be onto a winner.
ID4cardoesnotconnect

Best of luck with getting it sorted, is the car showing as connected to the Internet?... Ours wouldn't connect to the internet for the app to recognise it. We're android not apple, but should still work no problems. Keep on to them, go direct to VW in the UK as well as your local dealer to get it fixed.
ID4cardoesnotconnect

Apparently ours was a loose wire??!!! Anyway touch wood, all working again.
finzi4ever

Post by finzi4ever »

That's a pretty lame excuse! Loose wire where - in an App?? I continue to think it's something central at their end.
ID4cardoesnotconnect

Worst excuse!.... Its stopped working again.
Back to the drawing board.
Agree its something their end, i imagine someone sitting in Germany going what does this button do, I'll press it to try - off goes our cars - yep button does nothing!
Mdh

Post by Mdh »

6 days of telephone calls and emails later, the we connect app finally works completely out of the blue. Wish I knew how and I’d share the info. Thanks for the advice to keep on to VW, which is all I can recommend as well. To be fair they were pretty responsive and I get the impression that this issue is a regular occurrence. Hopefully they ‘re trying hard to iron the glitches.