WeConnectID.4 App Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
ID4cardoesnotconnect

Post by ID4cardoesnotconnect »

For those who got it working again, what did the garage do? Ours is back in with VW claiming it almost to be the first time they're dealing with car going offline all the time, maybe the wisdom from your learnings might help pass on ideas to my local technicians.
Thanks!

finzi4ever

Post by finzi4ever »

Congratulations - let's hope it stays that way. Sure VW are no worse than others (Microsoft spring to mind!), but why can they not just be more honest about it, instead of fobbing us off and making out that a) it's somehow our set-up that's at fault, b) we are the only ones with this problem, and c) wasting our time, getting us to test this, that and the other when they know it will make zero difference. They should say: "Look, we're really sorry about this - we have got a software problem, we're working on it and will come back to you weekly with updates." Then of course they would actually need to get back to us and not make us have to chase them down again and again, as was certainly my experience.
Mdh

Post by Mdh »

I did ask customer service what they thought the problem was, so I Could share the info. Received the following reply

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

Please be informed that the Digital Services department only provides technical assistance and support for the use of the digital services within our technical team. We do not know what our technical crew actions and methods are, as we deliver the issue to them.

Kindly please note, that sometimes sames issues have different solutions when the vehicle is slightly different.

Not at all useful, just hoping the car stays online.
Jonny-B-Bad

Post by Jonny-B-Bad »

Just picked up my ID 4 1st today and it took me an hour to get the app to work. Pretty flaky and not up to VW standard, time will tell.
ID4cardoesnotconnect

Not much functionality on the app either. Considering the car is so well connected (whel it stay online!) you would think there would be more features i.e the function to lock and open the car from the app, whilst not interested in opening doors from it, it's handy to be able to lock them. Hope you are pleased with the car, they're so lovely.
karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

Morning to you all. I have had this issue a couple of times since having my ID.4 for a few weeks now.

It is most noticeable when Connect ID. shows same range as the night before, even after a charge. Couple of times the cause has been no internet connectivity to the vehicle, so a quick drive around the block sorted that - guess signal was bad? Recently though, the car has been stuck in offline mode and the signal/data icon is greyed out. This issue is quite well documented on the ID.3 forums over here: https://www.id3forums.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... line#p6278

It's not a dealbreaker for me, more of an annoyance, so if it doesn't solve itself then I will try pulling a fuse or two!

Cheers
ID.4 1st Edition
ID4cardoesnotconnect

Ours has had a new control board, might not be the right terminology, it seems that when we're taking it into work, interference from other signals (radios, WiFi, work network) is knocking the system to offline, vw not interested in resolving it really.
Problem being future updates are pushed through online so it does need to work.
karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

Interesting, if not annoying. I was going to try connecting my vehicle to WiFi and see if that at least updated the range info in the app.
ID.4 1st Edition
karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

WiFI made no difference for me. SOS light is green, so the comms module has a signal, but can't get it out of offline mode.
ID.4 1st Edition
ID4cardoesnotconnect

You'll need to take it back to the garage to get them to connect it back online for you I think, well that's what happened for us.