ID.4 Service Intervals

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
AlB59

Post by AlB59 »

Looking for confirmation of service interval for my ID.4. Review of ID.4 on Drive Electric website states 2 years. VW website also gives a 2 year interval for the electric Golf as an example but I can't find anything to confirm that this is also the case for the ID.4. Neither the online manual nor the basic paper version that came with the car provide clarity. Can anyone direct me to the definitive VW service schedule?

Deleted User 251

Post by Deleted User 251 »

I was looking at this too. There seems to be no mileage limitation either! Surely mileage has to come into the equation?
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

Stop thinking 'Car Service' in the traditional, ICE sense. There are very few things need 'servicing', mainly brakes and tyres over several years providing you can check and top-up your fluids - Even brakes last longer due to regen.

The car will tell you when it needs 'a check-up' based on mileage/time.
AlB59

Post by AlB59 »

After a bit more digging, I found a VW service guide for inspection/maintenance every 10K miles/24 months, albeit this one was from VW of America. "The car will tell you" provides some comfort but I'd still like to know, for my own peace of mind, what VW UK considers to be the recommended service intervals for the ID.4
Unionjack

Post by Unionjack »

My dealer confirmed servicing @10k miles
ID.4 Life 52kWh Pure in Manganese Grey
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Dealer was very specific to me, 2 year intervals. Battery warranty is 8 years.
Just sit back and relax.
ID.4 1st edition
VWPilot

Post by VWPilot »

My dealer also said 2 years, with no mention of mileage. Current cost of service was £180.
Glacier White ID4 Max Pro with 20" Drammen Alloys. B.D.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

AndyF wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:40 am Dealer was very specific to me, 2 year intervals. Battery warranty is 8 years.
Just sit back and relax.
I was offered a service plan by the dealer too but it didn’t seem to make economic sense to me. I mentioned the cost against paying as I go to the dealer, he didn’t disagree.
As mine, is an ex demo model I did take out the extended warranty though.
ID.4 1st edition
AlB59

Post by AlB59 »

Interesting to see that 2 years is common dealer advice. If Unionjack's dealer is correct, it sounds like 1st service will be due at earlier of 10K miles or 2 years?.
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

Had my 1st Ed 6 months now, 4,000 miles and the car says 539 days to Service! I'll do it at 2 years. It'll need an MOT at 3 years of course.