Delivery Due?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Big John

Post by Big John »

When I ordered my 52kwh Life Pure on 15/11 my Dealer advised me to order stock vehicle to avoid build delays. So ordered the base model and "extras of, Raised Floor, Granny Charger, Tailgate protection, Flexible Load Liner and Mud Flaps all round, Extended Seat Runners," as Dealer Fitted Supplementary Order. Good job I did as my Leasing Company refused any orders for the iD3 and 4 on 1st December2021.

Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Got an update from our local dealer today as follows:

We ordered an entry level 52kwh Life Pure ID4 on July 29th 2021 so we could duck under the then available £2500 gov grant.

Advised build complete on February 3rd 2022.
Left factory on February 5th
Due at Dealership on or about February 25th.
Checks and admin etc planned to complete, including software upgrade, by March 2nd.
We collect circa March 3rd.

They also said: new orders quoting 12 months delivery. VW just about to announce an international change whereby you will only be able to order one ID3 model with one spec whilst they try and catch up, probably with some customer saving against list for said spec and car.
Likely ID4 will adopt same approach at some point within 2022.
Could just be gossip, but no reason not to share.
Hope our experience helps.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
LB1985

Post by LB1985 »

Bedford EV wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:17 pm Got an update from our local dealer today as follows:

We ordered an entry level 52kwh Life Pure ID4 on July 29th 2021 so we could duck under the then available £2500 gov grant.

Advised build complete on February 3rd 2022.
Left factory on February 5th
Due at Dealership on or about February 25th.
Checks and admin etc planned to complete, including software upgrade, by March 2nd.
We collect circa March 3rd.

They also said: new orders quoting 12 months delivery. VW just about to announce an international change whereby you will only be able to order one ID3 model with one spec whilst they try and catch up, probably with some customer saving against list for said spec and car.
Likely ID4 will adopt same approach at some point within 2022.
Could just be gossip, but no reason not to share.
Hope our experience helps.
I ordered the exact same car a few days later, on 2 August. I've now been told to expect mid-March for delivery. I'm not overly optimistic, as I can't get any specific info directly from the dealer. Fingers crossed...
VW ID4 52kWh Pure Life Moonstone Grey ordered 4 August 2021. Delivered 19 May 2022 :shock:
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Fingers crossed for you LB1985. 👍
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
Ramblercoast

Post by Ramblercoast »

Update.
Heard today Id4 Life 52kw been built and in transit to port of Emden.
Ordered 8/9/21
Left factory 14/2/22
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Ramblercoast wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:11 pm Update.
Heard today Id4 Life 52kw been built and in transit to port of Emden.
Ordered 8/9/21
Left factory 14/2/22
That's great news @ramblercoast 😀 hopefully it'll be with you in a few weeks 👍
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
NickF22

Post by NickF22 »

Just heard from my dealer that my 52kWh, ordered 31/7/21, now has a provisional build week of 4th April... over the last 6 weeks or so, that's pushed back from early Feb, to late Feb, to mid March.

In the meantime I've spent over £1k getting my existing car through its MOT... a car that should have been traded in by now.

Has anyone had any luck getting any sort of compensation from dealers or VW?
Big John

Post by Big John »

My heart goes out to the Dealers having to field all the inquiries from their customers, with no information coming out of VW. I do not know how the dealers can survive financially from such restrictions on turnover. I suspect that it is costing VW millions in Dealer support.
Sjc84

Post by Sjc84 »

Just recently joined the forum but had my order placed since mid October (Life Pure 52kw). No updates as yet though.

On a side note, I wondered if there is any appetite to have a tracker that everyone can contribute to, which will give visibility on order status (as well as the trim level etc.)? I’ve setup a Google sheet (modelled after one that is on the ID4 subreddit), so if you want to contribute feel free.

Link is https://docs.google.com/file/d/1ijdnTpf ... pe=msexcel
ID4 Life 52kw Pure Moonstone Grey- Ordered 18/10/22 (expected collection 27/04/22)
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Sjc84 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:12 pm Just recently joined the forum but had my order placed since mid October (Life Pure 52kw). No updates as yet though.

On a side note, I wondered if there is any appetite to have a tracker that everyone can contribute to, which will give visibility on order status (as well as the trim level etc.)? I’ve setup a Google sheet (modelled after one that is on the ID4 subreddit), so if you want to contribute feel free.

Link is https://docs.google.com/file/d/1ijdnTpf ... pe=msexcel
i think its a great idea, especially as there's little if any information coming from VW,
have a look at the ID3 tracker spreadsheet that Utumno over on the id3forums created and with more fields like order number / date etc (the reddit one is simpler and more US oriented with 'reservation' dates) etc.

(its possibly even worth adding ID.4s to that too or as a new tab as they're all coming off the same production line.)
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400