Likes and Dislikes ?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I agree with the voice recognition constantly thinking that almost any random noise or voice is me saying hey I'd.... and then responding with some nonsense response is quite annoying so much so that Ive switched it off and just using the steering wheel button now instead. (Apparently this has got worse since software v3). And even when it is properly activated it normally gets it wrong especially with navigation commands. (Nb but But you do get battery % as well as estimated miles with v3 though).

My only other main gripe is the lack of illumination of the heating/volume slider controls under the central screen, now its getting darker earlier at night you just cannot see them at all.

A minor gripe is the folding wing mirrors don't actually fold in very much (especially compared to the id.3's, and most other cars). Also the tiny glove box (because vw didn't want to have move the fuse box location on our uk RHD cars). And the lack of separate controls for the rear windows.

I love the adaptive cruise control, also the seats are nice and comfy, and of course the high driving position of the vehicle. The rear view parking camera is so useful too esp as the rear view via the back window is otherwise quite limited for maneuvering. Also the drive comfort of the car is good and it is also very quiet (quieter than the id.3). The electric front windscreen seems to clear the screen quickly too compared to a traditional fan system.

I've only got the basic 52kwh Pure life version but have no concerns of performance so far so that 'good' too.
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400

icowden

Post by icowden »

Oh yes - the heating and volume slider in the dark is a good gripe. Also agree about the fold on the wing mirrors.
I don't mind the concept behind the rear window control - but having a touch button is a mistake. Every time I go into a car park I manage to knock it before I find the window control and therefore open the back window instead of the front.
anothersam

Post by anothersam »

icowden wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:25 am Apparently "hello ID" sounds like about 600 other combinations of words. No ID I was NOT talking to you. And if I were, what you are probably going to say is "I need a moment..." or "I don't understand".
They say communication is the key to every good relationship:
"Hello ID - warm my seat".
"Okay. Warming your feet"
ejnar

Post by ejnar »

icowden wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:25 am ID doesn't let you easily (unless there is a secret way I haven't found yet) mute the sound or switch back to radio from Android.
I suddenly found the "secret way" to switch back to radio from Android - just push the "listen to me" button on the steering wheel and say "turn radio on" (at least it works when I say it in Danish :-) )

Most annoying for me is cleaning the upper part of the rear window. And the heating control seems to live its own life often making the cabin too cold but it helps saying "my feet are cold" (in Danish)
ID.4 Pro Performance, Family edition received October 2021. Finally on SW version 3.2 since 1-Dec-2023.
Denmark