Version 3.0 Imminent OTA

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
WindyinSancreed

Post by WindyinSancreed »

In case it is of any use to anyone.....

Ever since the major take-it-into-the-dealer software update, I have been unable to save locations. Therefore could not schedule charge which has been a major PITA.

After two weeks' of no useful response from VW, have just received this:

Thank you for your patience whilst we have investigated the issues you have been experiencing with your over-the-air update.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

Please be informed that the issue will be resolved with 3.0 Over-Th-Air update. As soon as ID. software 3.0 is available to be installed, the ID. will automatically inform you in the infotainment system.

AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Has anyone had OTA v3.0 in the UK yet?
ID.4 1st edition
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

AndyF wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:59 am Has anyone had OTA v3.0 in the UK yet?
I’ll take it that’s a no then.
ID.4 1st edition
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

I spoke to VW Customer Services on 8th December. This is a short extract from an email that followed.

"Thank you for taking my call earlier this morning.
I have contacted Listers Volkswagen (Evesham) to confirm the software availability for your vehicle. The 3.0 software is available for your ID.4. You will need to make sure your We Connect app is activated, please activate “Online mode” in your vehicle and make sure your privacy settings are not at MAX."

Since then, no sign of an update. I've lost all confidence in VW's approach to OTA updates and I don't expect any accurate timescale, so when it arrives, it arrives.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Warrior wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:06 am I spoke to VW Customer Services on 8th December. This is a short extract from an email that followed.

"Thank you for taking my call earlier this morning.
I have contacted Listers Volkswagen (Evesham) to confirm the software availability for your vehicle. The 3.0 software is available for your ID.4. You will need to make sure your We Connect app is activated, please activate “Online mode” in your vehicle and make sure your privacy settings are not at MAX."

Since then, no sign of an update. I've lost all confidence in VW's approach to OTA updates and I don't expect any accurate timescale, so when it arrives, it arrives.
Been pretty poor all round really. I’ll bet I sell mine before an update occurs and I have no plans on doing that anytime soon.
ID.4 1st edition
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

I’ve just stumbled across the latest video on v3.0 from Battery Life…
https://youtu.be/9TgPkwoRxHM
You’re all usually way ahead of me so you’ve probably seen it.
ID.4 1st edition
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

AndyF wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:29 pm I’ve just stumbled across the latest video on v3.0 from Battery Life…
https://youtu.be/9TgPkwoRxHM
You’re all usually way ahead of me so you’ve probably seen it.
There’s this one too. https://youtu.be/NNf1-03poog
What a bizarre set of instructions. Is it 1st April?
ID.4 1st edition
davidf27

Post by davidf27 »

I have finally received the OTA 3.0 as part of the VW ID facebook group campaign.
Not really any major changes except having the % displayed on the small screen, having users added and the shop. And finally being able to see the cars location, whether its locked/unlocked and windows/door open status in the app.

Main vehicles that had issues with the update seemed to be ID3 FE's.
Blue Dusk FE ID4, Delivered July 2021.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Having followed this topic, it would appear that you get preference for being on VW's Facebook group. It looks like I'll be waiting for some time then, as there's no way I'm joining Facebook and as AndyF also said, I'll possibly sell mine before receiving the update. The only difference with me, is that I will be selling mine, probably later in the year, as I have ordered a Kia EV6.
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Shoot me! I’ve rejoined Facebook 😱 yep! It’s as bad as ever but I bit the bullet to see what’s happening because apparently that’s where VW talk to the customer these days. Anyway, their optimistic posts say, “it’s coming” and has been by the look of it for sometime.
To my mind it’s a mess from the scan through of the posts but… only 30 cars in the trial have been bricked. A much greater number have updated to v3.0 seamlessly (they say) Many have also received the update but haven’t installed yet 🤷🏻‍♂️. Also, it looks like trial applications aren’t available anymore as far as I can tell.
If/when you receive an update notification it might be a good idea to read this…👇🏻(Apologies, they’re out of order but you can work it out).

021D2C9C-162D-4CE5-B6E5-AC6E4DF28159.jpeg

7B2EDBE6-EBD4-46B1-8C50-E79AA4F7199A.jpeg

D0DB6A94-0A52-41F6-BA59-4ED06460ACB9.jpeg

C4B0BC23-3FF9-46BC-BBA9-54F7002980BE.jpeg

ID.4 1st edition