Car won't select drive or reverse after crash

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
rajjuttla

Post by rajjuttla »

HI Mack,
the pyro cannot be bought you will have to buy the complete module or you can send it to the Airbag team and they will recondition it.

Haseeb

Post by Haseeb »

Hello,
Is there anyone from london who can help me fixing my id.4. The car had a minor crash front left and the airbags deployed, i have managed to fix the dashboard but the car won’t start after reading the forums i am pretty sure that pyro fuse needs to be replaced/fixed. I am looking for someone has done it previously. I would really appreciate help on this guys. Any garage recommendations will be helpful too. Thank you
Arex

Post by Arex »

hi i have VW ID 4 , it has crashed and same story the pyro fuse is gone and the car not moving , I changed the pyro fuse in the big battery but still the codes not clear and the car not moving , any one has fixed his car ?
Haseeb

Post by Haseeb »

Hello Arex, May i ask if you have only changed the pyro fuse or the whole module. And where did you buy the pyro fuse from. It will be a great help as i am in the same situation.
Arex

Post by Arex »

hi you can fined the pyro fuse ,( https://allegro.pl/listing?string=pyro%20fuse ) , i changed just the fuse .
Haseeb

Post by Haseeb »

Thank you Arex, i tried them but the supplier didn’t have any in stock. May i ask if you are from london. Basically my car is on drive way and i guess i have to put the car onto ramp to change the Pyro fuse. Did you change the fuse by your self or you took the car to garage.
Arex

Post by Arex »

Haseeb wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:14 pm Thank you Arex, i tried them but the supplier didn’t have any in stock. May i ask if you are from london. Basically my car is on drive way and i guess i have to put the car onto ramp to change the Pyro fuse. Did you change the fuse by your self or you took the car to garage.
hi i am from Dublin , yes you have to put it in the ramp , you should do it in the garage because the battery is have and big , you don't need to open all screws in the top just the side where the fuse side .
Surinder singh

Post by Surinder singh »

I am in same situation I am in London after crash air bags went off not select gear any bony in London help me change pyro fuse negative if any body knows garrege or technical send me number
Surinder singh

Post by Surinder singh »

I bought id3 vw from auction accident air bag deployed not start not shift gear on dashboard safety switch can somebody help if anybody can drop off he battery change negative pyro fuse I can deliver car in garrege
Marchello

Post by Marchello »

Manta wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:06 am Hi we are a small garage and have just bought some ID4s to train the young staff. The airbags have deployed and now been replaced and the pyro fuze has been changed and the airbag ECU has been flashed.

We have a code - B1ACCF7 high voltage battery charger - locking after severe crash.

Please can someone advise on how to get rid of this code.

Thanks!