Car won't select drive or reverse after crash

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
Marchello

Post by Marchello »

did you solve this problem?

Haseeb

Post by Haseeb »

Arex wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:42 pm
Haseeb wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:14 pm Thank you Arex, i tried them but the supplier didn’t have any in stock. May i ask if you are from london. Basically my car is on drive way and i guess i have to put the car onto ramp to change the Pyro fuse. Did you change the fuse by your self or you took the car to garage.
hi i am from Dublin , yes you have to put it in the ramp , you should do it in the garage because the battery is have and big , you don't need to open all screws in the top just the side where the fuse side .
Hello Arex,
Thank you for your previous message. May i ask if you have managed to fix your car. My id4 body damage has been repaired and i am thinking of taking the car to the vw dealer as the car is in warranty maybe they will be able to help fixing the issues using the warranty. Unfortunately its very difficult to find people here in london who know about this car.
DC2906

Post by DC2906 »

Arex wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:42 pm
Haseeb wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:14 pm Thank you Arex, i tried them but the supplier didn’t have any in stock. May i ask if you are from london. Basically my car is on drive way and i guess i have to put the car onto ramp to change the Pyro fuse. Did you change the fuse by your self or you took the car to garage.
hi i am from Dublin , yes you have to put it in the ramp , you should do it in the garage because the battery is have and big , you don't need to open all screws in the top just the side where the fuse side .
Hi Arex, did you manage to reset the codes after you changed the pyro fuse? I need to complete the same work and will change the fuse or modules dependant on what's available, but is it possible to complete a reset or will it need to go back to VW?
Surinder singh

Post by Surinder singh »

Any body can my pyro fuse id3 vw after crash all airbag gone off if can how much?
Surinder singh

Post by Surinder singh »

For dkong you just change pyro fuse I am in same situation can you change mine one id3 vw
Surinder singh

Post by Surinder singh »

Mr Dkong can you change mine one id3 vw
javed

Post by javed »

Can anyone help please, similar situation to you all above, bought id4 GTX in auction, airbags seem ok, light front damage all getting repaired, 12v battery flat, the main battery won’t charge so unsure what issue, had local Odis check for codes he advised it’s the pyro fuse. Now I called local dealership and they said the car is due in for recall including the sorting main modules,

Should I wait until I get it into VW or try replacing pyro?
Many thanks in advance
sapiggott

Post by sapiggott »

Hi, had same issues. Changed the pyro fuse but ODIS would not reset codes. Had to buy and replace J840, SX7 & 8 modules. ODiS then reset battery.

The charger and drive motor are still locked and I can not reset. ODIS will not reset codes,

I am not an expert on ODIS so if anyone has managed this some advise would help. I have had the main dealer login remotely and try resetting. I followed what they were doing and it was the same things I have done with no sucsess.

Thanks
Vik3885

Post by Vik3885 »

Hi i have the same issue with my id4 that was crashed with airbags blown i have replaced everything including the pyro fuse but i have not touched the airbag module yet.
i have no drive or ignition the car doesnt display any battery info such as milleage or percentage but all interior lights etc working anyone know what could be the issue or where to look or know who can fix this i am based in ireland
sapiggott

Post by sapiggott »

Vik3885 - You can not clear any codes from ODIS until you get the Airbag module reset. You can remove and send to airbagteam.com for reset.

You will find you need to clear battery code, charger code and motor code.

My car is at a garage and they have been trying for over a month with no luck. We ended up replacing battery modules and using ODIS to reset, this will only do it by entering new serial numbers from new components. Even after this we can not unlock the charger and drive motor. Have latest ODIS software and VAS6154B but still not able to unlock charger and motor.

This seams to be a black art that very few people have managed to achieve.