Octopus intelligent

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

Morning. Finally got this up and running.

When the dealer did the FW update it had removed the basic We Connect contract from my list of services; I had We Connect Plus but not the regular We Connect.

I logged into My VW via the website, not the app, here: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/myvolkswagen.html

I was then able to reinstate the WeConnect service from the VW Connect Shop here: https://shop.volkswagen-we.com/articleOverview

Once I had done that, the Octopus app found my vehicle with a few seconds and the test charge went through right away.
ID.4 1st Edition

Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

karlwoolley wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:43 am Morning. Finally got this up and running.

When the dealer did the FW update it had removed the basic We Connect contract from my list of services; I had We Connect Plus but not the regular We Connect.

I logged into My VW via the website, not the app, here: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/myvolkswagen.html

I was then able to reinstate the WeConnect service from the VW Connect Shop here: https://shop.volkswagen-we.com/articleOverview

Once I had done that, the Octopus app found my vehicle with a few seconds and the test charge went through right away.
Excellent. Not substitute for patience or common sense. Well played. Enjoy.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

karlwoolley wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:39 pm Afternoon.

Got updated to 3.2.0 and set my user up with location services allowed and set home as a charing location, but Octopus isn't "finding" my vehicle. I have noticed that in the My VW app, when I click on the Car icon in the Map view, it says "Vehicle location not available".

I was reading your handy guide, Bedford EV, but I couldn't see where to enable location services for the vehicle itself? I think this is autromatically enabled as I always leave the car in "online mode" and I have definitely enabled location services and data for my user account, which is the only one active.

Cheers
Bedford EV wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:32 am Update after three months:

Still charging consistently. Really love the combination of 7.5p/kw and ‘preferred charge window’ setting. No regrets. 52kw battery full charge for £3.90 - what’s not to like?
In my case the setting was in the privacy section before going online, part of user. Other: I don’t use VW app in parallel with Octopus. I set the preferred times in the car…which overrides apps I believe. Octopus schedules based on car setting.

Getting the car location enabled proved to be the key to octopus finding my car. Hope it helps. You get a little ‘A’ next to the globe on the display when the car is location enabled.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
wilts_jeff

Post by wilts_jeff »

Morning all - I had all this working well up until a couple of days ago. I have a Zappi v2 charger and it has always had issues using it's ECO+ mode following on from the 3.0 software update. It appears that Octopus have now gone from Beta test to production with the Zappi integration and part of that is that Octopus automatically set the charger to Eco+ as part of the scheduling. This then means that my scheduled charge does not happen as I get an error from Octopus app saying that they could not communicate with the vehicle. Have contacted both Octopus and MyEngergi but wondered if anyone else with the same setup has seen the same issue.

Thanks in advance.
ID.4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
MyEnergi Zappi 2
Milk float driver

Post by Milk float driver »

Very interesting wilts Jeff's observations. I had been running octopus intellige with a a hypervolt on both 3.0 and 3.2 until about two weeks ago. No changes on my side, i got a confirmation of a charge schedule and a confirmation next day that my vehicle had reached its target charge, but had no charge in change level. The only thing i know i did different was request a "Bump charge" for the first time. Octupus were contacted, advised re install app, it worked once. Additional re-installations proved futile. Octopus recontacted. In the meantime I suspended charging with the Octopus app and run an overnight charge with the vehicle controlling. Effectively I am running Octopus Go with the Intelligent window
SNaz

Post by SNaz »

Hi All thank you for all the insight for trying to connect to octopus intelligent. After following all the steps, I am finally getting message as follows, not sure what to do next?

Screenshot_20230922_212049_Octopus.jpg

AvaStorey

Post by AvaStorey »

The ID is still in beta, and the issues you're encountering may be related to that. It may require a 3.0 or higher version to function properly.
SNaz

Post by SNaz »

I have latest 3.1.2 installed on my car last week.
Justanotherwilliam

Post by Justanotherwilliam »

I got upgraded to 3.2 yesterday,and managed to onboard to intelligent octopus today.

First charge is currently active... I shall see whether it manages to wake the car up throughout the night each time
XM-AntClark

Post by XM-AntClark »

Hi, All. Trying to connect to Octopus intelligent on ID.4 Pure. I also seem to be getting all the way through until

processed-C380E71A-2800-42DA-B131-6A541C119BB1-50CD6D27-B28C-4F9C-A3B5-741BD972D6C4.jpeg

Software 3.2, location services turned on correctly (i think)

Any ideas?
ID.4 148PS Life Pure - Moonstone Grey (52 kWh)