Octopus intelligent

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
justinholland72

Post by justinholland72 »

Thank you yes have checked that previously and again now. It is definitely on.

kingkladze

Post by kingkladze »

I switched over from octopus go to intelligent on Sunday. Had trouble registering at first but after I had logged out of weconnect then logged back in it connected fine. Did the test charge first time and all good. Was officially switched over with email confirmation on Monday morning. I'm running 3.1 with location set
Vinnychase

Post by Vinnychase »

Is the intelligent tariff worth it? Is there a way of comparing their tariffs on actual usage? Or is it a change of behaviour and utilising energy within the hours? Im a legacy bulb customer and intelligent tariff marketing is all over the app. Is it a contract?
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Download the octopus compare app, it compares the tarifs, and can use your octopus api key to get your actual usage too.
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

This is an incredibly useful post - I’ve just been moved from Bulb to Octopus and am going through the various issues highlighted here. I’m currently blocked by two things:

1. Trying to connect my ID.4 in the Octopus app. I’ve tried several times but get spinning wheel and “it may take 5 minute for your vehicle to appear here…”

2. For some reason I can’t set any charging locations, says that feature is currently unavailable?!

Would appreciate any pointers, I just had firmware updated by the dealer a few weeks ago.

I’ll post my progress here in case it’s used to others.
ID.4 1st Edition
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

karlwoolley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:45 pm Would appreciate any pointers, I just had firmware updated by the dealer a few weeks ago.
Did you specifically go and ask for firmware 3.0/3.1 or was this the battery replacement and firmware update they're recalling people for?
If it's the latter then you're only on version 2.6 and need to wait for the OTA upgrade to 3.0 which still hasn't been released yet.
karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

Morning.

It was the battery swap and FW update, but looks like I am only on ID 2.3.0 so not sure they actually did any FW update at all.

It has been suggested elsewhere about booking in for a separate FW update service visit, which I may well do.

To be honest, 4hrs of cheap energy per evening on Octopus Go is fine to keep us at 80% every day.

I managed to authenticate with Octopus and VW in the end, but it says no vehicles found - likely because of the FW not being latest; I now have charging locations working, although they come and go as they please.

Have to say that the software side of the ID is by far the worst aspect of owning one of these...
Generationgav wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:12 am
karlwoolley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:45 pm Would appreciate any pointers, I just had firmware updated by the dealer a few weeks ago.
Did you specifically go and ask for firmware 3.0/3.1 or was this the battery replacement and firmware update they're recalling people for?
If it's the latter then you're only on version 2.6 and need to wait for the OTA upgrade to 3.0 which still hasn't been released yet.
ID.4 1st Edition
Scottyboy

Post by Scottyboy »

Got connected yesterday, my problem was Vw we connect id app.
All good now. Keep persevering. You will get there eventually 😩😩
karlwoolley

Post by karlwoolley »

Morning,

I don't struggle to connect, but it doesn't "find" the car, citing Firmware or Location Services. I am going to assume it is the former, as I am on on ID 2.3.0 despite a recent visit to the dealer for FW and battery swap.

IMG_5043.PNG

IMG_5044.PNG

Scottyboy wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:23 am Got connected yesterday, my problem was Vw we connect id app.
All good now. Keep persevering. You will get there eventually 😩😩
ID.4 1st Edition
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Octopus Intelligent has dropped price today
Night to 7.5p/kwh
Daytime around 39p/kwh