Octopus intelligent

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
fridgeman

Post by fridgeman »

Has anyone on Octopus managed to get this to work? Car is supposedly supported now but I can't get past the final screen of allowing access to Weconnect, I click the complete button and up pops a uh oh something went wrong screen.

davidf27

Post by davidf27 »

Im sure I read somewhere that the car actually isnt supported yet and they made an error.
May be worth speaking with Octopus to confirm.
Blue Dusk FE ID4, Delivered July 2021.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I understand your car needs to be on s/w version 3.0 or higher (or have an ohme charger with any car) for it to work.

Some people report ( making sure you choose the car model correctly) just try it again and it might work...
ID.4 Life 52kwh, Moonstone Grey. ordered 21/10/21, confirmed build wk 33, delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

The Android app had an update yesterday and it would appear has fixed it for people.
Probable need to be on 3.0 but unconfirmed.
MarkieD

Post by MarkieD »

I just got an id.4, ohme pro charger & am on octopus Intelligent. Everything works okay via the ohme app / unit, including auto charging off peak. Only thing it can't do is read the battery % from the car. I have to tell the charger how much to put in. I think ohme still need to develop an API to get that bit working. We connect does give an authentication error when I click charging at home, so that bits never worked for me
twiglets

Post by twiglets »

I have just switched to Octopus energy and just asking what smart meter needs to be on the meter as I have one of the Landis+Gry that was previously installed by British Gas which I can find is a SMETS1. Does anyone have this smart meter that is on Intelligent?
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

twiglets wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:34 am I have just switched to Octopus energy and just asking what smart meter needs to be on the meter as I have one of the Landis+Gry that was previously installed by British Gas which I can find is a SMETS1. Does anyone have this smart meter that is on Intelligent?
Have they confirmed they're connecting to your Smart Meter? Can you see half hourly readings in your account?
twiglets

Post by twiglets »

Generationgav wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:01 am
twiglets wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:34 am I have just switched to Octopus energy and just asking what smart meter needs to be on the meter as I have one of the Landis+Gry that was previously installed by British Gas which I can find is a SMETS1. Does anyone have this smart meter that is on Intelligent?
Have they confirmed they're connecting to your Smart Meter? Can you see half hourly readings in your account?
Should of mentioned that the connection is connecting this Saturday and I will only be getting my Ohme charger installed on the 7th March, so will try and get the Intelligent done on that date and check if there are half hourly readings. I was just wanted to know if anyone the same meter or i need to get Octopus to get the meter changed.
Biscuit

Post by Biscuit »

I received this today

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for letting us know.

I believe this is because you have an ID model of the VW range, which is not compatible with intelligent Octopus.

On the Intelligent Octopus page it details:

You have a compatible car OR charging system

We can currently connect with Tesla, Jaguar, Land Rover, Ford, Audi, BWM, Mini, Skoda and Volkswagen (excluding ID models), OR any car that uses an Ohme charger.

As you have an ID model and a Zappi charger, unfortunately we would not be able to move you on to intelligent Octopus as the ID models are not compatible with third party charging.

In light of this, your current Octopus Go tariff is the best tariff you can be on for your ID charging.

Kind regards,

Olivia @ Octopus Energy
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

The ID is in beta still, this will likely be why they're responding this.
It appears it needs 3.0 or higher to work.