Media Player Shuffle Not Working Properly

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
halloweenman

Post by halloweenman »

I'm connecting my mobile to the car media player via bluetooth and want to play all songs on the mobile in shuffle mode. It works only for the first song and then the player reverts back to playing song in sequence rather than shuffle (random). Same happens when you skip a track.

Works fine using Apple Car Play.

Anyone else experiencing this?
iPhone 11 to ID Software version 3.2

halloweenman

Post by halloweenman »

Can someone give this a try and see if they get the same issue with bluetooth media player shuffle play as me?
Vander

Post by Vander »

Not sure how helpful this is going to be, as I have my music on USB stick in the car but I gave bluetooth a try for you and here's what I found

Firstly, I couldn't get my infotainment to find any music on my phone when selecting bluetooth in the media section. Phone connected, settings are correct, and there's tons of music on my phone. Maybe it needs to be in a specific folder on the phone, but I couldn't find reference to that in the "vehicle wallet". I use MP3s rather than Spotify / other streaming service.

When I started my go-to music player (on the phone) the music started through the infotainment and could thereafter be controlled from "Player" in the car's media section. I selected Shuffle, and this worked, shuffling several songs as expected. NB this wasn't using Android Auto, but the infotainment's own player.

Out of interest, when in shuffle mode, the symbol lights up white - does that revert after your first song?

Hope you get it sorted

V
ID4 Max Kings Red
Ordered Nov 21
Mar 23 order status: 10
Apr 23 Cancelled, tired of waiting.

ID5 Tech Pro in the meantime. V3.0 from the factory.
halloweenman

Post by halloweenman »

Thanks Vander. Yeah, the shuffle symbol lights up but then goes out after I hit the skip/forward button on the player or steering wheel or after the next song starts. It happens in the ID4 infotainment's own player. it's intermittent, sometimes it works for a few tracks but as soon as you hit the skip button it goes off.
halloweenman

Post by halloweenman »

Anyone else got this issue with shuffle mode playing songs via bluetooth on mobile phone? Thanks.
wardlegrey

Post by wardlegrey »

I have a similar problem. I connect my iphone with bluetooth (turning on the bluetooth then finding my phone etc etc). I pick a playlist from my phone and hit play and it's fine for a few songs and then randomly it will just start playing the songs in song order, just ignoring the playlist. It always happens once you stop and start the car again. You can have the playlist open, but it will just play the songs in order. And always from the very beginning of the alphabet. It doesn't matter if you select it to car play, media, phone or whatever. It always does it. The music is only ONE of the MANY problems with the computer on this car. HOW can VW charge so much for a car that has a computer as bad as this. When I bought it, the dealer said they would be "happy to help anytime" with the computer issues. HA HA HAHAHAHA. The first time I went in they literally said to me "Oh, we don't know anything about that and can't help you.
MS3742

Post by MS3742 »

Vander wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:13 pm Not sure how helpful this is going to be, as I have my music on USB stick in the car V
How do you select Shuffle when using a USB stick directly for Media?

2022 ID.4 Pro S AWD
Vander

Post by Vander »

MS3742 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:23 pm
Vander wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:13 pm Not sure how helpful this is going to be, as I have my music on USB stick in the car V
How do you select Shuffle when using a USB stick directly for Media?

2022 ID.4 Pro S AWD

The shuffle symbol appears after you've selected how you want to browse (by artist/album/track, etc).

Look near the top of the screen, there's sometimes the option to loop tracks also.

V
ID4 Max Kings Red
Ordered Nov 21
Mar 23 order status: 10
Apr 23 Cancelled, tired of waiting.

ID5 Tech Pro in the meantime. V3.0 from the factory.