Delivery on 1st March!

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Vinnychase

Post by Vinnychase »

Got our ID4 arriving on Weds! Pure 52kWh in white.

Any tips or anything we need to sort/download once delivered?

Also what range are you getting from a full charge?

Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Happy for you, slightly jealous but happy.
Can I ask when you ordered it?
Download the WeConnect ID app, you can do that in advance.
Very US based but a good list of things to look out for here; https://www.vwidtalk.com/threads/pre-de ... ions.3198/
Vinnychase

Post by Vinnychase »

Generationgav wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:30 pm Happy for you, slightly jealous but happy.
Can I ask when you ordered it?
Download the WeConnect ID app, you can do that in advance.
Very US based but a good list of things to look out for here; https://www.vwidtalk.com/threads/pre-de ... ions.3198/
Ordered Jan 22 through Leaseplan.
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Vinnychase wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:16 am Ordered Jan 22 through Leaseplan.
Lease cars do seem to be taking a lot longer than private orders, but also seem to be coming through thick and fast now.
Acs.com

Post by Acs.com »

Generationgav wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:55 am
Lease cars do seem to be taking a lot longer than private orders, but also seem to be coming through thick and fast now.
Private purchases are a nightmare at the moment, as I mentioned before here, I ordered mine 2nd November 21, build week has come and gone, I got a status code 20 which was week 8, week commencing 20th February so it’s been in build now for 7 weeks. This is the worst car purchase I have ever had and I’ve had a lot in the past.
ID4 Life 52kWh pure performance 170ps auto in White, with performance pack plus Ordered 2nd November 2021
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Acs.com wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:00 pm
Private purchases are a nightmare at the moment, as I mentioned before here, I ordered mine 2nd November 21, build week has come and gone, I got a status code 20 which was week 8, week commencing 20th February so it’s been in build now for 7 weeks. This is the worst car purchase I have ever had and I’ve had a lot in the past.
That is certainly odd. Although if you've ordered a tow bar or 360 cameras they seem to be really holding things up.
My build week is this week, so I'm hoping I'll have it in the next 6-8 weeks and don't end up stuck in limbo like yours.
Acs.com

Post by Acs.com »

Generationgav wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:25 pm
Acs.com wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:00 pm
That is certainly odd. Although if you've ordered a tow bar or 360 cameras they seem to be really holding things up.
My build week is this week, so I'm hoping I'll have it in the next 6-8 weeks and don't end up stuck in limbo like yours.

Don’t hold your breath mate, the only thing that may be holding things up is a power lift boot, everything else is as standard.
Here is my latest conversation with dealer.

Me,
Hope cars are coming through a bit quicker now, and business is good. I was on an iD 4 forum and noticed several people had taken delivery of their cars, who ordered after me, one for instance January 2022, now I must admit this example was a lease company, but I would have thought as a main dealer you would get a priority service from VW. So with this in mind I was wondering if there was any change to the status code 20 that you last sent me last, as it has now been in build for 7 weeks.

Dealer.
I totally understand your frustration we are as frustrated as we have no control what so ever regarding the build order unfortunately, your vehicle is still showing the same information as previously at the moment it is just a case of checking every couple of days for it to move into “30 which is in transit from factory” apologies I cannot give you better news but I will continue to monitor.
ID4 Life 52kWh pure performance 170ps auto in White, with performance pack plus Ordered 2nd November 2021
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Acs.com wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:04 am Don’t hold your breath mate, the only thing that may be holding things up is a power lift boot, everything else is as standard.
I believe power lift boot is another thing that has been holding cars up, it's not possible to add this on now as otherwise it's something I would have added.
I know that in the US some people have ended up in a "Built - waiting for parts" status, which yours could be, I definitely think the frustration is that people just can't find out.
My date has been pushed back and moved back forward and is a 100% standard build, so I am hoping, my dealer said it should definitely be here for my holiday at the end of May, but I understand he's just being positive and essentially guessing.
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

How long does it normally take to get from build week to status 30, for some reason I was expecting it to be pretty much the same week, but looking at other peoples then 4-6 weeks can be pretty standard.
Acs.com

Post by Acs.com »

Generationgav wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:58 am How long does it normally take to get from build week to status 30, for some reason I was expecting it to be pretty much the same week, but looking at other peoples then 4-6 weeks can be pretty standard.
Not a clue, your guess is as good as mine, I don’t think VW UK know any more either, the dealers don’t know, just one big guessing game.