limiter

The place to discuss everything else..
davee

Post by davee »

l've just bought an id4 and can't work out how to use the speed limiter. Can anybody help?

Biscuit

Post by Biscuit »

Press the mode button on the steering wheel and swipe right across the arrows then press set, you can alter the speed using the + and - buttons.
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Dave,
Apologies if you have already considered this, but you can get an electronic version of the manual using your VIN . I store mine on an iPad so I can sit in the driving seat to use it. My phone screen is just too small.
The weakness of this approach being you don’t get manual updates unless you remember to download regularly.
But that was same for paper versions and we survived.
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Is the electronic version of the manual in a PDF format? I'd love a copy of the UK manual to have a read through before I get my car.
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Hi Gen’,
Firstly I’m an old fogey so perhaps not the best person to respond, but…

You need your car VIN to access the manual via the VW website. The VW claim is it ensures you get the right version for your car, and the current version at that.
I had to load the VW app ‘we connect’ onto my iPad to read the document, and yes you need the VIN to load the app.
On the positive side: I think you’ll find the wait for your car worth it. No going back to ICE for us.
👍
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Thanks!
I got rid of my ICE just over a week ago for a hire MG5 whilst I wait for my ID.4 and so far loving it, I thought it might ease the itch waiting for the ID.4 but it's just made it stronger as the MG5 is great but there's some niggles I know are resolved on the ID.4 - but the main one is being comfortable, the MG5 just isn't quite big enough for me to be 100% comfortable in.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Bedford EV wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:34 pm Dave,
Apologies if you have already considered this, but you can get an electronic version of the manual using your VIN . I store mine on an iPad so I can sit in the driving seat to use it. My phone screen is just too small.
The weakness of this approach being you don’t get manual updates unless you remember to download regularly.
But that was same for paper versions and we survived.
Isn’t an up to date version part of the infotainment unit too?
ID.4 1st edition