Everyone has heard of them but nobody has seen one...

Post pictures of your Volkswagen ID.4 here
Oswaldblue

Post by Oswaldblue »

ID4icorn.jpg

Vander

Post by Vander »

R_Horse Dung.jpg

ID4 Max Kings Red
Ordered Nov 21
Mar 23 order status: 10
Apr 23 Cancelled, tired of waiting.

ID5 Tech Pro in the meantime. V3.0 from the factory.
Oswaldblue

Post by Oswaldblue »

ID4 Family Performance
Ordered Feb 21
Latest Build Date [hah] May 23
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

Is there something extra you've ordered on your car? Even the Max vehicles don't seem to be taking that long.
tkid

Post by tkid »

@Oswaldblue Strange how you were able to place an order for the Family trim back in Feb 21, when only the 1st Edition trim was available when I ordered mine the same time. I recall the Family and other trims were announced in April that year, and by then it was too late for us to change to the Family trim.
Markydee

Post by Markydee »

@Oswaldblue Sack off the VW would be my advice!
I was in the same position as you waiting for a pro performance since April 22 with constant revised estimated dates provided but still no confirmed build date. I lost all hope of ever seeing the vehicle by the 4th delayed estimate of April 23 back in jan so decided to call it a day soon after the Tesla model y prive drop was announced.
Finally managed to cancel the vw order on 15 Feb and immediately placed an order for the Tesla the same day.
Literally just watched the ship carrying the Tesla dock in Southampton and it’s being delivered next Tuesday.
5 weeks from order to delivery!
Given my vin and reg within 3 weeks of order.
With the price drop the Tesla with an infinitely better spec is actually CHEAPER than a pro performance!
Feel for you all still putting up with this VW BS I really do.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Those of you waiting months for your ID4’s have the patience of a Saint. I’d have told them to shove it long ago. I waited five days for mine, albeit an ex demo 1st edition model. I take my hat off to you all.
Advice? There’s so many good cars out there now at a similar price or less. Secure one of those and cancel the ID. It’s a good car, but not so good that it’s better than anything else.
Caveat: This is a personal view and not professional advice. Buyer beware.
ID.4 1st edition
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

I'll have waited about 8 months for mine, but I was expecting around 10 months when I ordered it, so it's not the end of the world for me.
However anybody who has either had their dates constantly shifted back or have waited over 18 months, I'm honestly not sure how.

At the beginning of the year I went off and test drove an ID.4 again, an MG5 and due to the price drops a Tesla Model Y. For my needs the ID.4 just ticks many more of the boxes (comfier, softer, bigger, brighter) and although all of the cars would work for me, the ID.4 is just feels right.
zenninjauk

Post by zenninjauk »

I ordered one from local VW dealer 5 miles away from me was told there would be 12 month wait ... saved up for a year
@ 12 months and one week later still no car and few updates ...
Cancelled order got deposit back ...
Went to a different VW deler 30 miles away a few weeks ago
Purchased a 1 year old one similar spec ex demonstrator
ID4 gtx (With heat pump) & £10k cheaper than my original order.
So far happy bunny ....
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

zenninjauk wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:31 pm I ordered one from local VW dealer 5 miles away from me was told there would be 12 month wait ... saved up for a year
@ 12 months and one week later still no car and few updates ...
Cancelled order got deposit back ...
Went to a different VW deler 30 miles away a few weeks ago
Purchased a 1 year old one similar spec ex demonstrator
ID4 gtx (With heat pump) & £10k cheaper than my original order.
So far happy bunny ....
The GTX max models have been notoriously long to arrive, rumours are it's due to the 360 cameras and powered tailgate. Glad you managed to get one though, I was looking into the same thing and cancelling my order a few months ago, but even ex-demo models weren't a lot cheaper than what I'd paid and the APR on the PCP just wasn't competitive anymore.