ID4 Software - Beta programme?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
icowden

Post by icowden »

Anyone know if there is a beta programme or users group for ID software development?

I'd be interested in getting involved, just can't find out if there is such a thing...

Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

icowden wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:42 am Anyone know if there is a beta programme or users group for ID software development?

I'd be interested in getting involved, just can't find out if there is such a thing...
Best thing to do is join the Facebook VW Owners Group, every now and then they ask for volunteers to test something such as the 3.0 rollout, but selections are very limited and it's not really a beta.
Otherwise I don't believe there is anything.
davidf27

Post by davidf27 »

As above, join the facebook group. Unfortunately this is the only official line of communication regarding software updates.
They advertised here for members to apply to be testers for 3.0 OTA for those cars with previous versions - which I managed to get on my First Edition.
Blue Dusk FE ID4, Delivered July 2021.
Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

davidf27 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:46 pm As above, join the facebook group. Unfortunately this is the only official line of communication regarding software updates.
They advertised here for members to apply to be testers for 3.0 OTA for those cars with previous versions - which I managed to get on my First Edition.
Interestingly did you get that via OTA without any issues?
davidf27

Post by davidf27 »

Generationgav wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:40 pm
davidf27 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:46 pm As above, join the facebook group. Unfortunately this is the only official line of communication regarding software updates.
Interestingly did you get that via OTA without any issues?
No issues whatsoever. I believe it was mainly ID3 First editions that had the bulk of the problems, and a very small number if ID4's.
Blue Dusk FE ID4, Delivered July 2021.
CoxJul

Post by CoxJul »

Looks like OTA to 3.x is now cancelled - see separate post.