Software 3 .0 update for Ovo charge anytime

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

It appears that I can request a 3.0 software update on line (UK) and it is a free service. Have others done this and have there been any problems. Sorry if this has been covered previously.

I am looking at it in order to access Ovo charge anytime - has anyone done this for ID4. Tried a while ago but said not available for ID4 - now says it is available with 3.0

Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

I've got it booked in by phone but interested to know about any problems after update or experience with Ovo charge anytime - thanks.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Mine was updated to v3.0 in April no issues at all, apparently I missed getting 3.2 by a couple of days but that’s being done next week now. No idea about OVO though sorry but the update was seamless.
ID.4 1st edition
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

Thanks Andy - good to know that went ok. I think they said mine will be 3.2 so hopefully ok. Will sign up for Ovo charge anytime after update as it seems to give cheaper electricity for charging at home and I'm with Ovo anyway.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Kelvin1066 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:34 pm Thanks Andy - good to know that went ok. I think they said mine will be 3.2 so hopefully ok. Will sign up for Ovo charge anytime after update as it seems to give cheaper electricity for charging at home and I'm with Ovo anyway.
Yes, I was told that 3.2 didn’t become available until a couple of days after I got v3.0. I’m not sure I’d have been too fussed had they not loaned me an ID3 with 3.2. I like the full usage of the third r/h column for data on the driver’s display.

Unfortunately home charging isn’t possible for me without a lot of expense as I don’t have off street parking. I could dig up my front garden but just having the kerb dropped is almost £1000. Add to that the cost of the ‘un green’ digging up the lawn before even installing a charger it’s just not cost effective.
All the best with OVO. Hope it all works seamlessly for you.
ID.4 1st edition
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

I had similar issue re installing home charger though no dropped kerb issue. I could have dug trench in grassed area to enable me to charge from garage/drive but decided to install on house and park on grass when charging. Try to avoid charging when very wet but would do if needed to. Lawn sunk a bit in my tyre tracks but not too bad as the grass is far from pristine anyway.
Bedford EV

Post by Bedford EV »

Kelvin1066 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:39 pm I had similar issue re installing home charger though no dropped kerb issue. I could have dug trench in grassed area to enable me to charge from garage/drive but decided to install on house and park on grass when charging. Try to avoid charging when very wet but would do if needed to. Lawn sunk a bit in my tyre tracks but not too bad as the grass is far from pristine anyway.
Kelvin,
Not exactly ID4 specific, we had similar ‘soft parking’ issue and we used those honeycomb squares and fitted them after days of rain. They sunk in nicely after a few months and the grass grew back through them very well. Note: you do need to make sure you drive over different bits of the area every so often to keep it even. We wish we had done a bigger area.
Food for thought.
👍
ID.4 Life 52kw 148ps in Moonstone Grey; 2nd order ID.4 Style 52kw in Kings Red
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

Thanks Bedford EV - did consider that and may in future but don't charge that often so ok at present - good to know it works so thanks.
khewco

Post by khewco »

I've had my ID.4 (s/w 3.1) a couple of weeks now and we're with OVO, so signed up to OVO Anytime Charge.

We don't have a wall box and just seeing how we get on with the granny cable so far as we don't use the car every day. Technically I don't think the OVO Anytime Charge supports the use of a granny cable however it seems to be working fine for me so far. I've charged at home using the Anytime Charge app 9 times so far and it has worked for 7.5 times (I'll explain the 0.5 time in a moment). As I set the car to be charged by about 8am, typically it will charge overnight, although sometimes till charge during the day. One morning I got up and found it hadn't charge at all; there was plenty of charge in the car so it wasn't a problem for me. It was the first time I charged at home after using a public charger so not sure if that had anything to do with it. When I tried again the next day, initially it said the car was plugged in away from home even though it was parked in my drive. After maybe 30 mins it recognised the car was where it should be and started the smart charge (hence the 0.5 cos it didn't work but then did), and it has been fine and worked every time since.

Not at the end of the first month yet, so need seen the credit on my bill for the rebate so will keep a close eye on that at the beginning of August.
Kelvin1066

Post by Kelvin1066 »

Thanks - will be interested to hear when you get bill. Can't join till after update end of August so good to learn anything more before then.