“Electric drive not working”

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Is anyone else getting “electric drive not working correctly” warning?
Appeared this morning but coincides with the app update yesterday.
I think it ties in with my pending BCC visit but it’s a bit worrying all the same.
I’m waiting for the dealer to get back to me on it.

IMG_1138.png

IMG_1137.jpeg

IMG_1136.jpeg

ID.4 1st edition

Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

Hi Andy i had the same recently a week after the 3.2 upgrade.

Phoned the breakdown people and an engineer turned up an hour later. He diagnosed it was an issue with one the inline communication cards not communicating with the drive.
The fix was to take the battery connection off and leave for a few minutes, the system then came back online after about 10 minutes and the alarm cleared.

Would definitely call out the service people they were excellent.

Regards

Martin
ID4 1st Edition in Honey Yellow (77 kWh
Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

By the way the car was working fine even though i had the fault light up.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Burnsy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:04 pm Hi Andy i had the same recently a week after the 3.2 upgrade.

Phoned the breakdown people and an engineer turned up an hour later. He diagnosed it was an issue with one the inline communication cards not communicating with the drive.
The fix was to take the battery connection off and leave for a few minutes, the system then came back online after about 10 minutes and the alarm cleared.

Would definitely call out the service people they were excellent.

Regards

Martin
Presume you mean the 12v battery 😬
ID.4 1st edition
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Burnsy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:05 pm By the way the car was working fine even though i had the fault light up.
Yes mine’s drivable.
ID.4 1st edition
Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

Yes it was the 12v battery
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Burnsy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:31 pm Yes it was the 12v battery
👍🏻
ID.4 1st edition
Burnsy

Post by Burnsy »

Andy interesting today my fault came back, spoke to the garage and they were quite open and honest and discussed that after the v3.2 update and the battery check, that this is a common problem. Some compatibility issues, after the battery check my car was found to have faulty cells but speaking to the garage they were quite open and said that there is no battery modules left in the uk, and don’t who when they will be restocked, as this may be contributing to the drive issues.
The garage said that when it stops working due to battery issues, it will then have to be a hire car, with no electric car. So back to diesel and they have not committed to pay for the fuel. So the next 6 months could be very challenging if the fault develops further.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Burnsy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:19 pm Andy interesting today my fault came back, spoke to the garage and they were quite open and honest and discussed that after the v3.2 update and the battery check, that this is a common problem. Some compatibility issues, after the battery check my car was found to have faulty cells but speaking to the garage they were quite open and said that there is no battery modules left in the uk, and don’t who when they will be restocked, as this may be contributing to the drive issues.
The garage said that when it stops working due to battery issues, it will then have to be a hire car, with no electric car. So back to diesel and they have not committed to pay for the fuel. So the next 6 months could be very challenging if the fault develops further.
Worrying. Thanks for the update.
ID.4 1st edition
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

Dealer workshop tells me the fault warning is all to do with the battery recall and will be cleared when it goes to the BCC. I damn well hope so, my confidence in VW is diminishing daily though.
ID.4 1st edition