New to us ID4

New to the Volkswagen ID.4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
eddie.downes

Post by eddie.downes »

Good Day and hello,

Two days ago we took delivery of our June 2022 demonstrator from our VW dealer. ID4 pro Performance 77KWh.
Our previous 2016 Passat Alltrack estate was in for its MOT earlier in the month and I got a valuation that was very good in my eyes.

We had a solar system with battery, an Eddi for water heating and a Zappi for EV charging (my son has a Tesla), installed in April. The system is already giving us big savings - in gas use as well as electricity (winter use will not be as great on the savings front).

We have recently sold our motorhome as we rarely use it and circumstances meant we were not likely to use it often over the next 12 months so this was a big wrench, but it gave us the means to look to upgrade.

We had been looking at an EV for some time and this sale with the estate in part exchange made it possible.

The test drive clinched it.

A big learning curve about charging regimes now beginning.

We have to change our power and gas providers by the end of August, and are looking to move provider, probably to Octopus Intelligent as it seems this can now be done.

Eddie
St Helens, UK.

AndyF

Post by AndyF »

eddie.downes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:56 am Good Day and hello,

Two days ago we took delivery of our June 2022 demonstrator from our VW dealer. ID4 pro Performance 77KWh.
Our previous 2016 Passat Alltrack estate was in for its MOT earlier in the month and I got a valuation that was very good in my eyes.

We had a solar system with battery, an Eddi for water heating and a Zappi for EV charging (my son has a Tesla), installed in April. The system is already giving us big savings - in gas use as well as electricity (winter use will not be as great on the savings front).

We have recently sold our motorhome as we rarely use it and circumstances meant we were not likely to use it often over the next 12 months so this was a big wrench, but it gave us the means to look to upgrade.

We had been looking at an EV for some time and this sale with the estate in part exchange made it possible.

We have to change our power and gas providers by the end of August, and are looking to move provider, probably to Octopus Intelligent as it seems this can now be done.

Eddie
St Helens, UK.
Technical issues aside for some of us, the ID.4 is a good choice, I’ve had mine almost 2 years and love it. True there’s a battery issue but that’s being dealt with and there’s six year’s warranty left on that 😉 hopefully yours is new enough for that to not be an issue.
They’re such an easy car to drive and have loads of room for my almost 60kg hairy quadruped in the back (we don’t have the false floor in our 1st edition)
Economy is good especially if you’re light on the ‘gas’ pedal. I’m returning 4.2miles/KWh long term atm but that will dip in the winter.
The touch sensitive buttons are a bit quirky but you get used to them.
Enjoy.
ID.4 1st edition
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

eddie.downes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:56 am Good Day and hello,

Eddie
St Helens, UK.
I hope you enjoy your new world of EV driving. If you are considering Octopus, if you would like to use my referral code, it will earn you a £50 credit as well as me. No obligation, but the offer is there.

https://share.octopus.energy/fun-cliff-477
ID4 1st Edition in Dusk Blue Metallic (77 kWh)
EO Mini Pro 2
eddie.downes

Post by eddie.downes »

Thanks, my son has beaten you to it, sorry Warrior.

Thanks AndyF, re the buttons in daytime driving they are nowhere near as bad as the YouTube video reviews would have you make out, however we have yet to do any serious night time driving (a rare occurrence these days), so that may affect us in winter driving home from our sons houses (lack of illumination).