Fault: hard regen when in eco mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
mark_6089

Post by mark_6089 »

Hi all

My ID.4 is running V3.2 software. Since I've had the car from December 2022 I've had a random issue with hard regen breaking when in eco or comfort mode. It's almost like the car is in sport mode but I have eco selected. It's totally random when this starts happening. Today I drove for 2 mins and then stopped the car (auto break) to let someone on the car and when I set off again I had the hard regen issue. Most of the time I notice it when I first pull away from start up. The only way to reset is to turn off the car, instantly ok again when powered back up. I'm sure it's more annoying for the person behind me seeing my break light coming on when not necessary. I can go a week or so without issues and other times it happens on a daily basis.

I assumed this was a software issue so have not bothered taking to the local dealer waiting for an update. I called the dealer today and they've never heard of it. Trying to get the dealing to acknowledge a random issue will be like pulling teeth. So... curious if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Any feedback, gratefully received.

/Mark.