Breakdown cover.

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

When I got the car I had the 6 months free breakdown cover. When it expired I forgot to reinstate my cover with my insurer LV. When my insurance renewal was due I reinstated it and boy am I glad I did.
Having seen large queues for Cullompton and Exeter services chargers I carried on as I still had a reasonable amount of charge left. That was until I got on the A30. My right rear ‘self seal’ tyre spilt its guts trying to plug a catastrophic failure. I managed to get into a lay-by. LV covered everything except the cost of the tyre. All in all, quite an eventful day, waiting for the tyre man to come, take my wheel away then bring it back took a long time and I’d taken a bit more (a/c I think) juice from the battery. No problem, garage a mile away had a GeniePoint charger. It wasn’t working. On to Launceton following directions to one that didn’t exist 😡. Leaving town we were desperate and found a Tesco 7kw. 💤🥱. I put enough in to add a few miles then steadily moved on to Bodmin, first charger was behind locked gates second was at a premier inn 50Kw saved.
Not sure how we’d have coped without the cover, they offered to transport us the dog and the car to our destination if they couldn’t source a tyre that afternoon.
Moral:
Get cover and don’t let you battery get too low on a long trip, get off the motorway if necessary.
I needed that beer in our holiday let when we arrived at 10pm.
Here’s an idea, why not supply a spare wheel so we can change it ourselves. I bet nobody’s thought of that before. 😳
ID.4 1st edition

AvaStorey

Post by AvaStorey »

AndyF wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:34 pm When I got the car I had the 6 months free breakdown cover. When it expired I forgot to reinstate my cover with my insurer LV. When my insurance renewal was due I reinstated it and boy am I glad I did.
Having seen large queues for Cullompton and Exeter services chargers I carried on as I still had a reasonable amount of charge left. That was until I got on the A30. My right rear ‘self seal’ tyre spilt its guts trying to plug a catastrophic failure. I managed to get into a lay-by. LV covered everything except the cost of the tyre. All in all, quite an eventful day, waiting for the tyre man to come, take my wheel away then bring it back took a long time and I’d taken a bit more (a/c I think) juice from the battery. No problem, garage a mile away had a GeniePoint charger. It wasn’t working. On to Launceton following directions to one that didn’t exist 😡. Leaving town we were desperate and found a Tesco 7kw. 💤🥱. I put enough in to add a few miles then steadily moved on to Bodmin, first charger was behind locked gates second was at a premier inn 50Kw saved.
Not sure how we’d have coped without the cover, they offered to transport us the dog and the car to our destination if they couldn’t source a tyre that afternoon.
Moral:
Get cover and don’t let you battery get too low on a long trip, get off the motorway if necessary.
I needed that beer in our holiday let when we arrived at 10pm.
Here’s an idea, why not supply a spare wheel so we can change it ourselves. I bet nobody’s thought of that before. 😳
Had 6 months free breakdown cover, forgot to renew with LV. Tire blew out on A30, LV covered everything but the tire cost. Long wait, drained battery more. LV offered transport if needed. Lesson: Get cover, don't let battery get too low. Suggest having a spare wheel.