Faulty Infotainment

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.4
Gcooper

Post by Gcooper »

I have had my ID4 22 Pro performance for about 6 months. 3 months in the Infotainment system started repeatedly crashing. The radio would constantly mute then the system would reboot every 10 to 15 minutes, often turning both the screen and dashboard off. After locking the screen and radio comes on randomly, often all night. Dealer took it in to fix and do a recall to update the software. It came back and was fine for a week, but has started again with a vengeance with the same problems only worse. On one occasion both screens were blank on start up and had to have breakdown out who, annoyingly just pressed the on off button and it came back to life after I had been trying that for an hour. I don’t know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but has anyone had the same issue and how was it fixed? Mine is due back in to dealer for a couple of weeks so that they can see what is going on and try to fix it.

AvaStorey

Post by AvaStorey »

I'm not entirely sure about the specific issues with your ID4, but it sounds like you've been dealing with persistent problems related to the infotainment system. It's good that you've already taken it to the dealer for software updates and repairs. It's not uncommon for these types of issues to require multiple visits to diagnose and resolve fully. Hopefully, during this next visit, the dealer can identify the root cause and provide a more permanent solution. If anyone else has experienced similar issues with their ID4 and has found a resolution, your input would be greatly appreciated.
AvaStorey

Post by AvaStorey »

It's frustrating to deal with ongoing infotainment system problems on my ID4. Thanks for the advice and hoping for a permanent fix during the next dealer visit. Input from others who have experienced similar issues would be helpful.