2023 or 2024 Model?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
TomoFife

Post by TomoFife »

Hey all, new to the group.

I put an order in for a company car beginning of August - believe that the company (or their leasing agent) had placed an order for 60 or so ID4's and ID3's a couple of days beforehand.

The order says ETA of December but upon calling the leasing companies assigned dealer, they are advising a build week of 03 and estimated delivery of March.

The portal that the car was ordered through lists the 2023 as what was ordered but the 24 model is listed for a fresh order.

Been a week 3 build, is that likely to be a 2024 model?

Its a base model Pro Performance (77kw 204bhp) in council grey, which I quite like the colour of in honesty but is the one that gets the updates.
Last edited by TomoFife on Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swerm

Post by swerm »

Intrigued to see what answers you get on this. I ordered late August and current build week is week 7. Last time the dealer sent me a screenshot it had MY24. I ordered a Pro-Performance so going off the messages that were on the Volkswagen website in october I'm quite hopeful I get the 2024. It was quite specific that only pro-performance id4/id5's and gtx versions of both would get upgraded the new model though.
TomoFife

Post by TomoFife »

swerm wrote: ↑Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:33 pm Intrigued to see what answers you get on this. I ordered late August and current build week is week 7. Last time the dealer sent me a screenshot it had MY24. I ordered a Pro-Performance so going off the messages that were on the Volkswagen website in october I'm quite hopeful I get the 2024. It was quite specific that only pro-performance id4/id5's and gtx versions of both would get upgraded the new model though.
Sorry, should have said in my post (now edited) that its the Pro Performance ordered too but been a January build, one would hope it is the 24 model with the changes.

Can't seem to see any info anywhere in what week they move over to building the My24, nor when they are first expected in the UK.
Rich170346

Post by Rich170346 »

My ID.4 is being delivered next week and it's MY24, so you should be all good for next year deliveries πŸ‘
swerm

Post by swerm »

Rich170346 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:10 pm My ID.4 is being delivered next week and it's MY24, so you should be all good for next year deliveries πŸ‘
Awesome, thanks for the info! Enjoy your ID4!
TomoFife

Post by TomoFife »

Rich170346 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:10 pm My ID.4 is being delivered next week and it's MY24, so you should be all good for next year deliveries πŸ‘
That's Awesome, when did you order?

Hopefully we will start to see some YouTube videos and reviews of the upgraded model soon then as well - interesting to see what the affect on the acceleration and drivability there is as well as the V4 infotainment and been cooler weather now, the effect on the upgraded battery management.
davidf27

Post by davidf27 »

MY24 will be similar to what is already out. The refresh model (more powerful motor, new/bigger screen and software) wont be on vehicles delivered until at least the second half of 2024 unfortunately.
Blue Dusk FE ID4, Delivered July 2021.
TomoFife

Post by TomoFife »

davidf27 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:46 am MY24 will be similar to what is already out. The refresh model (more powerful motor, new/bigger screen and software) wont be on vehicles delivered until at least the second half of 2024 unfortunately.
Hi David, what makes you say that as that would contradict VW's own web site;

Although the message has gone now, there was a message from around late Aug / Sept saying that any orders placed would be the new motor and for around 4 weeks now, the configurator shows the improved HP and range etc.
Rich170346

Post by Rich170346 »

TomoFife wrote: ↑Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:39 pm
That's Awesome, when did you order?

Hopefully we will start to see some YouTube videos and reviews of the upgraded model soon then as well - interesting to see what the affect on the acceleration and drivability there is as well as the V4 infotainment and been cooler weather now, the effect on the upgraded battery management.
Ordered July time, but had a bit of a surprise mine is listed as MY24 on all the paperwork but didn't come with the latest changes to motor, infotainment, etc. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ apparently missed those updated!
20ashdale

Post by 20ashdale »

I may be able to give some clarification on this.

I ordered a UK ID.4 GTX back in June this year (2023) and i make sure I get the Dealer to send me a screen shot of the order system as it has status info etc.
At that time it was listed as a MY2024 and the model description had 299PS.
So even though it was listed as a MY2024, it was to the older spec without the new screen with ID4 software /APP550 motor.

I was expecting a 12 month lead time on the car hence why I ordered it then (the ID.4 GTX we currently have took 17 months order - delivery) but the car when to build conform status 20 on Spet 2023, so I cancelled the order.
I then waited for the configurator to be updated and then re-ordered mid-November 2023 to make sure I could spec Assist + (not an option previously).
The order screen shows MY2024 but importantly the model description now gives the 340PS power figure of the APP550 + front motor.

So the short answer is get the model description from the supplying dealer, if it lists 201PS or 299PS it is likely no updates, if 286PS or 340PS it deffo has the updates.
It is also possible to end up with updated car even if you car is listed as the old spec depending on the build date, I think anything build after week 45 is the new spec APP550 motor and updates (but don't quote me on that ........)