2023 or 2024 Model?

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
mib150

Post by mib150 »

TomoFife wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:56 pm
swerm wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:00 pm Interesting news about the match variants being released and showing on the website. Nearly 2k cheaper RRP and a few extra such as electric tailgate. Wonder if the interior style plus add on on your car Tomofife is because of this? Otherwise may be time to cancel the order and re-order a match variant!
Hey, no the added pack is due to the grade I am at work. The ID4 was available originally at my grade and lower grade. The lower grade got the 170bhp version of the 77kw battery in Life trim and my grade could select the Pro Performance (204bhp) and thats what was originally on the lease company portal for me.

However, as it was ordered by the company just before the announcement of the updated models and the build ween hadnt been allocated, they upgraded my grade to the 286 bhp to add the seat pack (for new orders) and without the seat pack for the lower grade. It then seems this has transposed over to my order too.

So as its a company car, no real option to cancel and re-order - happy with what I am getting, although if had ordered as a private customer, I think I would be a tad irked.
Wild guess - you are a grade M5?

Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

swerm wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:00 pm Interesting news about the match variants being released and showing on the website. Nearly 2k cheaper RRP and a few extra such as electric tailgate. Wonder if the interior style plus add on on your car Tomofife is because of this? Otherwise may be time to cancel the order and re-order a match variant!
The spec of the match is actually lower than the style yes it gets an electric tail gate but looses the pan roof the 3 zone A/C,
TomoFife

Post by TomoFife »

mib150 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:09 am
Hey, no the added pack is due to the grade I am at work. The ID4 was available originally at my grade and lower grade. The lower grade got the 170bhp version of the 77kw battery in Life trim and my grade could select the Pro Performance (204bhp) and thats what was originally on the lease company portal for me.

However, as it was ordered by the company just before the announcement of the updated models and the build ween hadnt been allocated, they upgraded my grade to the 286 bhp to add the seat pack (for new orders) and without the seat pack for the lower grade. It then seems this has transposed over to my order too.

So as its a company car, no real option to cancel and re-order - happy with what I am getting, although if had ordered as a private customer, I think I would be a tad irked.
Correct - with 75k people working for the same company, and I knew that they ordered at least 75 ID4's in August when my order was placed, I knew I would see colleagues on forums and the facebook groups.
mib150

Post by mib150 »

TomoFife wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:40 pm

Correct - with 75k people working for the same company, and I knew that they ordered at least 75 ID4's in August when my order was placed, I knew I would see colleagues on forums and the facebook groups.
I'm M6 and have also seen the spec of the car change on the Lex portal a few days ago. Stock date showing as 22nd March, but no confirmed delivery date as yet
TomoFife

Post by TomoFife »

mib150 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:20 pm

I'm M6 and have also seen the spec of the car change on the Lex portal a few days ago. Stock date showing as 22nd March, but no confirmed delivery date as yet
just noticed that new orders are the Match spec - thats a bit of a downer!
mib150

Post by mib150 »

TomoFife wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:58 pm

God knows what we'll get - portal states Life Pro, but VW website only has Match models now??
Asc4187

Post by Asc4187 »

Presuming you guys work for the same 75k company that I do, I can confirm that I received my ID4 Life Pro yesterday (I am a grade M6) and it is the 2024 model with all the updates.
Asc4187

Post by Asc4187 »

mib150 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:31 pm

God knows what we'll get - portal states Life Pro, but VW website only has Match models now??
Presuming you guys work for the same 75k company that I do, I can confirm that I received my ID4 Life Pro yesterday (I am a grade M6) and it is the 2024 model with all the updates.
TomoFife

Post by TomoFife »

Asc4187 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:50 pm

I guess so - Starts with an M?

When did you order yours and do you know what week it was built?

My current personal lease goes back in a couple of weeks, have a request in for a hire car if the Id4 isnt here soon but hoping not to need it.
Asc4187

Post by Asc4187 »

TomoFife wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 pm
Asc4187 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:50 pm

I guess so - Starts with an M?

When did you order yours and do you know what week it was built?

My current personal lease goes back in a couple of weeks, have a request in for a hire car if the Id4 isnt here soon but hoping not to need it.
Yes starts with an M.

I actually only ordered mine in November with an estimated stock date of March 29th. But I suddenly got an update a couple of weeks ago to say is was ready for delivery from 19th February. It was built on 30th January (according to paperwork) so think that is week 5, so I don't actually know how I managed to get it so quickly when I know of people who ordered in like July/August of last year and they still haven't taken delivery. 🤷‍♂️