Plug and Charge

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Derosa

Post by Derosa »

I’ve just activated Plug and Charge and have read that Ionity, Shell, , BP, Aral, Met, Allego and E support it. I just wondered whether anyone has been using Plug and Charge and got any comments as to whether it actually works! Thanks!

MichaelR

Post by MichaelR »

I use Plug and Charge (via Electroverse). It only works for Ionity at the moment, but apart from that it is absolutely brilliant (IMHO). Huge reduction in stress and hassle: you just plug the car in and it charges. Works on Ionity's whole network, so also in Europe if you are ever headed that way....
Derosa

Post by Derosa »

Thanks Michael! I hardly ever need to use public chargers but will give it a go just to try it out. Sounds much better than messing about with cards.
bubblebuzz

Post by bubblebuzz »

It took a few week or so to get the We Charge card and then another few days before the activation took hold. I dont get Plug & Charge with BP Pulse but on the 150KW chargers it is a few pence per KWh cheaper 66p instead of 69p.
It defo works on ionity chargers. Just plug in and let it sync up, charging starts quickly. Its also good value at 44p per KWh instead of 74p. I havent been able to get any other chargers to work. The £13.99 we charge plus subscripton erodes some of the savings though.