Faults

All Volkswagen ID.4 related discussions
Madmanc

Post by Madmanc »

Are you suffering from VW that once you have purchased the vehicle its becomes yours and yours alone, customer service are a joke trying to explain to a young lady that spending 5 minutes trying to get out of a vehicle is not acceptable and having to go outside and keep switching the alarm off and when you do actually drive, the voice activation keeps coming on, this is not an old banger but a 23 plate 50k ID4. It's been into VW twice and is going back in again when the back order parts arrive, I will see if they fix it this time.

Generationgav

Post by Generationgav »

OK, so I had the handle issue with mine, it took four visits to the dealer to be resolved, but I THINK it's fixed now, all of the visits were within a week and they got me straight in. There was another minor issue with my car that wasn't even a warranty issue they fixed free of charge for me. I've been very impressed with them. If you are in Manc from your name then I'll let you know where as they've been very impressive.

You can disable voice activation - it's easy to do and stops it happening. Just push the button on the steering wheel if you want to use it.
bubblebuzz

Post by bubblebuzz »

Picked up my ID4 end of Feb and on the way home the SOS alarm comes on the dashboard and red LED on the roof mounted button comes on. Messgae says "Emergency call is restricted - Please visit workshop." Only 9 miles on the odometer. Got an appointment from VW to fix it and when I asked could I wait until done - sharp intake of breath "oh of course sir but it could take all day. There's free coffee and Wifi If you wish." I foolishly thought it would just need hooked up to a computer to get an alarm reset. Oh well at least its a silent alarm - roll on my appointment at the end of March.
bubblebuzz

Post by bubblebuzz »

bubblebuzz wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:52 pm Picked up my ID4 end of Feb and on the way home the SOS alarm comes on the dashboard and red LED on the roof mounted button comes on. Messgae says "Emergency call is restricted - Please visit workshop." Only 9 miles on the odometer. Got an appointment from VW to fix it and when I asked could I wait until done - sharp intake of breath "oh of course sir but it could take all day. There's free coffee and Wifi If you wish." I foolishly thought it would just need hooked up to a computer to get an alarm reset. Oh well at least its a silent alarm - roll on my appointment at the end of March.
Just by way of an update on the SOS alarm issue.
The ID4 went into the service dept of the main dealer here and after an hour or so I got a call to say that it will be a warranty repair. Picked it up at the end of the day and all good. No reoccurence of the issue (yet!)

They said that an antenna hidden within one of the bumpers was replaced and hey presto. I'm just glad the erroneous alarm is gone and its on the record as having been fixed so if it occurs again....